When you think 80's hair metal, you think Oklahoma?!

WOW!!!! The ONLY reason I am not going is because of Texas Madfest the same weekend! Hosting my own festival is likely the only thing that could keep me from that show! And I may still go for the last day!

I just made up my mind. I'm going to the Sunday show! I HAVE to see those bands. I'm surprised by the reaction here, this is a lineup of pure classics, peak or not! Maybe I'm more excited beause I'm too young to have experienced ANY of these bands in their heyday.

WOW!!!! The ONLY reason I am not going is because of Texas Madfest the same weekend! Hosting my own festival is likely the only thing that could keep me from that show! And I may still go for the last day!

I just made up my mind. I'm going to the Sunday show! I HAVE to see those bands. I'm surprised by the reaction here, this is a lineup of pure classics, peak or not! Maybe I'm more excited beause I'm too young to have experienced ANY of these bands in their heyday.

Actually, I started this thread not to mock them. I would love to be at this fest but I think I will be in my last week of my Europe trip when it occurs. Say what one wants but alot of these bands still put on very good live shows.

That said, it would be funny to see all the guys with mullets and the girls still trying to dress like they did in the 80's.o_O

wow....seriously, laugh or not, this is frigging awesome!!

I'm proud to say I was then and am still now a total hair band freak. lol. I love it :)

I think it's cool, but I can't imagine why they picked that location. Maybe just to be central to a lot of people. Weird though.

Most of those bands have been touring, and I've seen most of the ones I like recently, so it doesn't have much appeal, except for some crazy people watching.

M,mmmmmm...Lets see,Madfest or Rockahoma
I'd see this if I was in the vicinity and there was no Madfest(I hope this doesn't cut into Madfest's attendence)

Unfortunately, I already know several people from Houston that are renting an RV and going up there. Too bad. :Smug: I'm tempted to go up Sunday - I NEED A JACKYL FIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris :headbang:

WHITE LION
FYI, this is Tramp's White Lion with the only original member being vocalist Mike Tramp. He is likely to face a huge lawsuit by Vito Bratta unless he stops using the WL moniker.

I've seen Tramp's White Lion live, and they sound *nothing* like the band of the 80's. Without Vito, this band isn't and cannot be called WHITE LION.

FYI, this is Tramp's White Lion with the only original member being vocalist Mike Tramp. He is likely to face a huge lawsuit by Vito Bratta unless he stops using the WL moniker.

I've seen Tramp's White Lion live, and they sound *nothing* like the band of the 80's. Without Vito, this band isn't and cannot be called WHITE LION.

So he should change the name to White Cub

This is the event of the century for us 40 somethings. I found Progpower and have attended the last 4 years due to lack of something like this in the states. Progpower has intro'd me to numerous amazing bands that I am quite fond of. However, this is the stuff that does it the most for me to this day. What a weekend this will be. 50,000 plus expected in attendance.

And they, like most concerts/festivals these days - allow and welcome camera's - even digital.

http://www.rockfeverfest.com

-A

There's been a resurgence in interest and media coverage -- some of it actually favorable, or at least, not condescending -- toward 80s metal and hair metal lately. I could see 50,000 attending a festival like this....but in Oklahoma? Not unless it's close to a major population center and an airport.

I know it is Mike's band and I like his vocals and except for doing when the children cry slightly different, I quite enjoyed seeing them back in 2005.

This is the event of the century for us 40 somethings. I found Progpower and have attended the last 4 years due to lack of something like this in the states. Progpower has intro'd me to numerous amazing bands that I am quite fond of. However, this is the stuff that does it the most for me to this day. What a weekend this will be. 50,000 plus expected in attendance.

And they, like most concerts/festivals these days - allow and welcome camera's - even digital.

http://www.rockfeverfest.com

-A

I think tickets are selling quite well, because fans from all over the world are probably buying them. I hope it does draw that kind of crowd, because I grew up listening to the majority of these bands. It sucks that they don't have Europe and House of Lords on the bill, but hey, nothing's perfect!

With that said, if I ran a festival of any sort, I wouldn't allow any pics, video, etc. either. This day and age, with the internet being a free for all, it just shouldn't be allowed. To each his own though.

Here's a tip. I wouldn't put a smart ass comment about a sensitive issue such as the camera policy on my first post here. That is if you want anyone to take you seriously that is. :kickass: Have a good time at the show.

~Brian~