The setlist (opening for Rob Zombie)

azipp

New Metal Member
Jul 17, 2006
I'm going to see Anthrax tommorow night, and I was wondering if anyone has the setlist for this leg of the tour? I've seen them twice before with John Bush, and am really looking forward to seeing this lineup too.

azipp said:
I'm going to see Anthrax tommorow night, and I was wondering if anyone has the setlist for this leg of the tour? I've seen them twice before with John Bush, and am really looking forward to seeing this lineup too.
Last night in Fort Wayne the setlist was:

Indians
Got the Time
Caught in a Mosh
Antisocial
Efilnikufesin (NFL)
A Skeleton in the Closet
I Am the Law
Bring the Noise

In Cleveland it was the same set except they didn't do NFL. Some opening shows they're able to play longer.

I miss the new shit, but God do I wish they would bin Bring the Noise. There's so many better songs OF THEIR OWN in the back catalogue that they should play.

Actually, come to think of it, out of those eight songs, three are cover versions. Now, I may get slammed stupid for this, but I'd rather see the band dump Got the Time, Antisocial and Bring the Noise and pull in stuff like Who Cares Wins, Belly of the Beast, In My World, etc, etc.

Andy

ps I'm not flaming those songs. I do love em myself, but come on, variety is fun.

xentrix said:
I'd rather see the band dump Got the Time, Antisocial and Bring the Noise and pull in stuff like Who Cares Wins, Belly of the Beast, In My World, etc, etc.

Andy

ps I'm not flaming those songs. I do love em myself, but come on, variety is fun.

Ditto.

Do you know what time they went on? My ticket says 7PM, but I don't know if that is when the doors open, or when they go on. Ten years ago 7PM on a ticket meant that the first opening band would go on at 9PM, but that has changed.

Wow, that was an awesome show last night in Evansville, IN. Totally worth the two hour drive there and back. I forgot about the time change, so I got in line at a little before 6PM, instead of 7PM.

I could tell the hard core fans knew to be on the right hand side for Scott, they were noticeably more enthusiastic. I was representing for the left hand side of the stage. They tore through the set list posted above, and mentioned it was the band's 25th birthday.

After Rob Zombie's set was over, on my way to the car, I saw Joey hanging out by the bus and went over and shook his hand. And I got a cool green guitar pick with the star symbol cut in it. I never really realized that everyone in Anthrax is really short, the tallest one of them must be about 5' 6".

azipp said:
Wow, that was an awesome show last night in Evansville, IN. Totally worth the two hour drive there and back. I forgot about the time change, so I got in line at a little before 6PM, instead of 7PM.

I could tell the hard core fans knew to be on the right hand side for Scott, they were noticeably more enthusiastic. I was representing for the left hand side of the stage. They tore through the set list posted above, and mentioned it was the band's 25th birthday.

After Rob Zombie's set was over, on my way to the car, I saw Joey hanging out by the bus and went over and shook his hand. And I got a cool green guitar pick with the star symbol cut in it. I never really realized that everyone in Anthrax is really short, the tallest one of them must be about 5' 6".

I didn't manage to get a guitar, pick, drumstick, or any of the stickers that were being thrown into the crowd. But Scott and Joey dedicated 'Skeletons in the Closet' to ME (for having a 'crazy look in my eye' - haha). Actually I think it was because I was banging my head non-stop and singing along - every word. I'm a 35 year old man, and hate to sound all fanboy about it, but I'm still smiling about it today. Before the show I was thinking 'man a $40 ticket, another $40 for gas and beer, and I'll probably only hear like 9 songs, i dunno if this is gonna be worth it' Turns out I only got to hear 8 songs, but when Scott points you out of the crowd like that.... makes it so totally worth it. Thanks Anthrax, for the rest of my life I will remember where I was when the band celebrated their 25th Anniversary.

I think if you're in your forties, and have spent your entire adult life playing in a heavy metal band, who you're opening for, or who wrote the songs you're playing, dosen't matter very much. If you have over a thousand people pumping your fists in the air, many of whom weren't even born when you started, that's what matters.

Adolescence In Red - that's awesome.

azipp said:
I think if you're in your forties, and have spent your entire adult life playing in a heavy metal band, who you're opening for, or who wrote the songs you're playing, dosen't matter very much. If you have over a thousand people pumping your fists in the air, many of whom weren't even born when you started, that's what matters.

Adolescence In Red - that's awesome.

well said!

nafnikufesin said:
Am I the only one that thinks it's kind of sad that to show for your 25 anniversary, you open for someone that used to open for you, and play only 8 songs, 3 of which are cover songs? :Smug:

Well, no.
1. White Zombie was on the rise when they opened for Anthrax, who had already peaked in their popularity.
2. Rob Zombie is quite popular now.
3. Those three cover songs made them a lot of money, and they get the crowd moving.
4. It's better to open for Rob Zombie in arenas and amphitheaters than to open for Motorhead in a club.
5. It's better than what 99.999% of bands can ever hope to accomplish.

nafnikufesin said:
Am I the only one that thinks it's kind of sad that to show for your 25 anniversary, you open for someone that used to open for you, and play only 8 songs, 3 of which are cover songs? :Smug:

what would they have donw with bush,probably be supporting more shitty bands,at least rob zombie is popular and important in todays metal scene,bringing lotsa young kids to these shows,an opportunity anthrax has been waiting for.