the singer from Lake of Tears vs duncan patterson

whos best?

• the man from lake of tears

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • duncan patterson

Votes: 11 61.1%

• Total voters
it doesnt have a point and everything is not meant to have a point. it's just a fantasy story of him meeting the devil's whore and falling in love with him. "pointless"? it's just a story with nice scenery and beautiful imagery.

this is the music they make, you cant expect every musician in the world to write lyrics like beth gibbons or tori amos or roger waters...or stuff you like. they are into this gothic love thing and he writes really nice lyrics that fit. not liking the genre and its content is one thing but calling a simple story "pointless" is absurd, mehdi.

and i have always admired old english. i strongly believe shakespeare was the greatest writer ever, so my interest in such stuff is obvious, eh?

dons got a point, i dunno what their new stuff is like but old COF did good goffick rhyming couplets if youre into that kinda thing.

im not a big fan of cradle but the lyrics are well written.by the looks of it he's into edgar allen poe and hp lovecraft very much the victorian gothic style of writing.
I dont think the point of the lyrics is the main thing,its how its written.
The lyrics to lustmord and wargasm are very good.

Don Corleone said:
it doesnt have a point and everything is not meant to have a point. it's just a fantasy story of him meeting the devil's whore and falling in love with him. "pointless"? it's just a story with nice scenery and beautiful imagery.

this is the music they make, you cant expect every musician in the world to write lyrics like beth gibbons or tori amos or roger waters...or stuff you like. they are into this gothic love thing and he writes really nice lyrics that fit. not liking the genre and its content is one thing but calling a simple story "pointless" is absurd, mehdi.

and i have always admired old english. i strongly believe shakespeare was the greatest writer ever, so my interest in such stuff is obvious, eh?

youre very right dönner, i was just saying i think its shit.