The Smiths?

best

Themanwithnoname
Sep 6, 2003
Istanbul
www.geocities.com
I have only recently started to listen to Smiths and i really liked the songs i listened to. I specailly like their lyrics and the way they can make a song both dynamic and depressing. So does any of you guys like it and can you make recommendations about which albums to buy?

my dad bought me a record once by the smiths cos it was called
something like hello fatty, i cant remember, but me dad used to skit me quite alot so he thought it was the funniest thing ever. :D
but apart from that i used to like a couple of there songs :)

just listening to "strangeways, here we come" :)

last night i dreamt
that somebody loved me
no hope, no harm
just another false alarm

last night i felt
real arms around me
no hope, no harm
just another false alarm

so, tell me how long
before the last one ?
and tell me how long
before the right one ?

the story is old - i know
but it goes on
the story is old - i know
but it goes on

oh, goes on
and on
oh, goes on
and on

and morrissey deserves a mention, too. "the more you ignore me" is a wonderful track.

i think they have very good lyrics, just like the bit in my sig. Yeah everybody likes queen is dead so i quess ill buy that one or have you download it emre :Spin:

Susie said:
my dad bought me a record once by the smiths cos it was called
something like hello fatty, i cant remember, but me dad used to skit me quite alot so he thought it was the funniest thing ever. :D
but apart from that i used to like a couple of there songs :)

just like my dad, he likes to point out such things too in a humorous way

Yes. Although Boy George is the most amazing vocalist ever. And a complete and total art dude.

Actually, I really haven't heard much of the smiths.

I DO know though that they seem to be awfully popular with the tori amos fan base non-lesbian fag-hags that fag-hag to the gay male tori fans. If I ever wanted to find out more about them, this has turned me off to them completely.

I like the Smiths very much:Spin: . Have quit some stuff from them too.
Some favorite songs are :

Cemetary gates
The last of the famous international playboys
Reel around the fountain
The boy with a thorn in his side
Sheila take a bow
Sweet and tender hooligan
William
Please please please let me get what i want
Hand in glove...
And so many more
Morrissey solo deffo has it's moments too...

I like the Smiths very much:Spin: . Have quit some stuff from them too.
Some favorite songs are :

Cemetary gates
The last of the famous international playboys
Reel around the fountain
The boy with a thorn in his side
Sheila take a bow
Sweet and tender hooligan
William
Please please please let me get what i want
Hand in glove...
And so many more
Morrissey solo deffo has it's moments too...

yeah my brother is 10 years older than me and just kept spinning the queen is dead for days and days long while he was locking himself up in his room... 80ies

am i mistaken because i don't think the smits made that many studio albums (wasn't it only 4 or something?) so it's easy to get them all :)
and besides that there are 2 quite nice 'best off' albums. i think the 2nd one is the best.
and then there are all morrisseys and mars solo albums, but i wouldn't get too deep into them.

boyhowdy.jpg

be sure it's a rainy day, and you just drawned because a car splashed all water over you and your boots are soaking wet. you finally arrive home and no one is there and no one left you a message... hmm.

Don Corleone said:
you deffo need to give them a try, trona. they are anything but gay.

and boy george is the most amazing vocalist ever?

Yeah. I never had a real appreciation for his voice until I heard him sing with P.M.Dawn on Bliss , the song "More Than Likely".

Fuck, it so beautiful and his voice is so fuckin' pure and easy and perfect, just falls out of him. Then i remembered how great his voice really was before.

"More than likely, you're the one I'm living for." There is nothing wrong with this, sweetness.

the lad george always had a great set of pipes on him

*insert gay innuendo here*
*insert gay innuendo about the word "insert" here*

and ANYONE who vaguely remembers the 80s knows the smith were just WRONG