The Smiths?

yeah they were wrong IN the 80s, but now theres been the 20 year gap that makes gay things retro and interesting like a fossilised egyptian condom with sperm inside it and mans poo , bum hairs and blood on the outside. If it was fresh yould run a mile, but if its 'historical' scientists would hold it without gloves and sniff it and break bits off to show their kids

it'd be lovely though if you old knackers would tell us babies what was so wrong about them, my other brother listened to franky goes to hollywood, was that wrong too?

Mick Moss said:
yeah they were wrong IN the 80s, but now theres been the 20 year gap that makes gay things retro and interesting like a fossilised egyptian condom with sperm inside it and mans poo , bum hairs and blood on the outside. If it was fresh yould run a mile, but if its 'historical' scientists would hold it without gloves and sniff it and break bits off to show their kids
:tickled: you cant help yourself can you hahahaaaa

Bambi said:
the lad george always had a great set of pipes on him

*insert gay innuendo here*
*insert gay innuendo about the word "insert" here*

and ANYONE who vaguely remembers the 80s knows the smith were just WRONG

i dont remember 80s even vaguely (born in 83), so can you tell me why they were wrong?

anyone who thinks that sticking a gladioli in yer arse pocket is an act of genius is just WRONG. bleedin kids these days, "why why why??"

See it's like this Best. Everyone was coming out in the 80's. People were just really learning about aids through the death of many friends and unprotected promiscuity was at an all time high. All this 80's music reflected it, leaning gay, leaning sad, tragic.

flowerbutt.jpg

Lennon.jpg

nomana-nuniyan said:
See it's like this Best. Everyone was coming out in the 80's. People were just really learning about aids through the death of many friends and unprotected promiscuity was at an all time high. All this 80's music reflected it, leaning gay, leaning sad, tragic.
yeah, stuff like iron maiden and motley crue :tickled:

the 80s were about rokkin :kickass:

siderea said:
it'd be lovely though if you old knackers would tell us babies what was so wrong about them, my other brother listened to franky goes to hollywood, was that wrong too?
not at all, my all time faveroute song in the whole wide world is sung by them, :Spin: the power of love :worship:

im really confused indeed. like im not a retro-lover indie who goes around seeking old cult movies, bands from 80s, etc. i just listen to what i like. as simple as it gets...i follow the recent releases as well and try to check out ALL bands from the past.
so, errr, am i "wrong", too?

aah, joy division is rock-credible, I suppose then? well tell me this, oh wise old man :D Am I better off listening to early eighties Depeche Mode (quite gaydisco often), or more like -86 DM which is more gloomier and not so happyhappy stuff? Which is more right, or less wrong?

from a late eighties rokk perspective both are equally wrong as DM were always in the wrong camp, but nowadays its okay so long as you keep your doors and windows closed while playing it

I discovered the Smiths back in 1995. I was only into metal and hardcore those days, ans also all my friends were. So not exactly the time to get a Smiths craze. Well, I loved them from the first time I heared them and still do. It has nothing to do with trying to be hip, I just feel they made dead good songs. And lyricwise, well, don't know many bands that do better (also not Antimatter or Anathema).

And Marr pictured himself as an anti-guitarhero, but damn , that's playing you know...!:hotjump: