The snake thread

Black Dragon

Longest Here
Apr 29, 2001
Your Remains Shall Decorate My Home...
I haven't done this for awhile, and there are lots of new faces since the last one!

So here it goes!

If you have a snake(or other herp) please be kind enough to share it with us!

I have some serious snakage:

Pythons-
-4 Reticulated Pythons: They are all different pattern morps. I have a supertiger, tiger, possible callico, and a Bali yellowhead.
-3 ball pythons: They are just normals, nothing spectacular

Boas-
-1 rubber boa: It's one of only two species of boa native to north america
-1 Amazon Tree Boa: This thing is a monster. I have never seen one this big. It's over six feet long and pounds small-medium rats.
-1green anaconda: Its just a baby and is as tame as puppy

colubrids-
-1 scarlet king snake: he rocks, they are coral snake mimics
-2 albino gophers: they are pretty and almost breeding size now.
-2 bull snakes: one is actually a pinexbull hybrid. They are pretty and very spastic!
-2 albino garters: People rip on garter snakes, but they are one of my favorite types of snakes. The albinos are knock outs!

rearfanged-
-2 B/W mangroves: They are problem feeders but are doing well
-3 Sulawesi Mangroves: I have 1 monster female and a smaller pair.
-2 green chinned cateyes: These are so cool, they start out red with green heads then turn all green as adults
-8 asian vine snakes(ahaetulla); What can i say? they are cool as hell!

vipers-

I have a female west african Gaboon Viper(Bitis gabonica rhinceros). She is about a year old and is a very controversial animal as she is a venomoid. Her venom glands and part of her ducts were removed in a procedure called an adenectomy, rendering her harmless. She still thinks she is venomous and will try to eat live prey as a result, so I feed her prekilled prey. She is awesome.

I think that covers every one.