The sole thing that pisses me off on Olden´s Domain...

StorTroll

So far, so good, so not!
Sep 15, 2001
Espoo, Finland
The fucking sound quality...It´s utter shit!!! Productionwise nearly everything sucks on the album.Guitars sound like overdriven electroacoustics, the drum sound is disturbing, the bass isn´t very fancy either...Beware of the mixerman...

Originally posted by StorTroll
The fucking sound quality...It´s utter shit!!! Productionwise nearly everything sucks on the album.Guitars sound like overdriven electroacoustics, the drum sound is disturbing, the bass isn´t very fancy either...Beware of the mixerman...

Very odd. I think the production is second best of them all (Empiricism sounds awesome)...

I don't think I've ever had a complaint about a Woodhouse job...

Hmm I think it sounds great..

I dont actually own it (I will soon) but out of the handful of tracks I have the production is very good. the only thing that bothers me is how on a couple of songs (I only have like 4) like "Grimland Domain" Garms clean vocals sound very sarcastic like hes just being goofy on purpose.

bullshit... "Olden's Domain" sounds good. poor production have "Archaic Course" and "Q". that's all folks!

Originally posted by Jim LotFP

I don't think I've ever had a complaint about a Woodhouse job...

Hmm.. this does not really count for Borknagar. But a lot of bands who record there get the similar kind of sound, a sound that lacks a punch... It's okay, but there is something missing... I think that's why Borknagar went to the Abyss studios for Q, after the s/t album it's the most 'agressive' album, with a thick, somewhat messy sound...

It took me a few listens to get used to, and I think its great production. Thats one thing about Borknagar that has always existed, you can't really hear everything thats going on solely but everything works together as an ensemble seamlessly.

I didn't think much of "Olden Domains" production either. I don't have any complaints about it, but I think it could have been better. "Empiricism" has the best production in my opinion. I love how every instrument comes in just as clear as the other. Its perfect.

Originally posted by yourdeadgroom
The sole thing that pisses me off about that album is that it ends
:lol: Indeed that's the worst part of this album..... ok let's blame it on the production! :D
*Damned Woodhouse you made this album have an end:) :p *

It's a matter of taste. For me, "Empiricism" is too thin. The advantage: you can clearly hear each instrument. That's very good. But I'm rather a fan of broad productions. I'm not saying "Quintessence" is better because on there the sound is too sludgy, if you know what I mean. Too undefined. "Archaic Course" is quite nice, I think.

Empicism thin??? Mayby on some level...the drums are too much on the back ground...However the playing is much more concentrated compared to any other album by them...

Empicism thin??? Mayby on some level...the drums are too much on the back ground...However the playing is much more concentrated compared to any other album by them...

Empiricism have one poor moment. i think drums was created on d-drum and sounds like... i don't know what, but suxx