The song The Odyssey

hey Progmetalfan...have you hear Karmakanic???

It's Jonas Reingold of The Flower Kings

the album is called Entering the Spectra...

TFK bore me too tears but this CD is completely ruling me...

the bass playing is very fusion oriented...with a Bunny Brunnel feel and Goran Edman gives one of the greatest vocal performances I've ever heard in my life.

a prog metal jem...very unique

Originally posted by azal
hey Progmetalfan...have you hear Karmakanic???

It's Jonas Reingold of The Flower Kings

the album is called Entering the Spectra...

TFK bore me too tears but this CD is completely ruling me...

the bass playing is very fusion oriented...with a Bunny Brunnel feel and Goran Edman gives one of the greatest vocal performances I've ever heard in my life.

a prog metal jem...very unique

I've heard of them... didn't realize they were metal though... figured it would be more Flower-Kings-ish. I'll have to check this out.

The new TFK is pretty good... it wanders off sometimes... I mostly got it just for Daniel Gildenlow's guest vocals! :D

well the Karmakanic is not as heavy as SX or anything...but it definately has a metal bite too it...

the playing is spectacular and I guess some od the choruses have a catchy/AOR tinge too them...

one of the instrumentals reminds me alot of Spastic Ink

it's truly a unique sounding CD...something pretty rare in he genre these days

Originally posted by azal
well the Karmakanic is not as heavy as SX or anything...but it definately has a metal bite too it...

the playing is spectacular and I guess some od the choruses have a catchy/AOR tinge too them...

one of the instrumentals reminds me alot of Spastic Ink

it's truly a unique sounding CD...something pretty rare in he genre these days

That description sounds really awesome. I'll have to check them out. Thanks for the suggestion!

I have played the track "The Odyssey" to quite a few peeps already. Well, as usual, that standard answer was: "Too long a song."

Well, I say: the song is a full story and it's more than being well executed, and it needs every single second of its 24 minutes.

And I can really "see a little movie" - when I put on my headphones, darken the room and relax while listening to it. From beginning to the very end the feeling gets better and better, and before my eyes appears his glorious and triumphant ride home.

Geez, what a track!

Originally posted by Lady Of The Snow
I have played the track "The Odyssey" to quite a few peeps already. Well, as usual, that standard answer was: "Too long a song."

Well, I say: the song is a full story and it's more than being well executed, and it needs every single second of its 24 minutes.

And I can really "see a little movie" - when I put on my headphones, darken the room and relax while listening to it. From beginning to the very end the feeling gets better and better, and before my eyes appears his glorious and triumphant ride home.

Geez, what a track!

Don't I fuckin' know it.:cool: