The Feeling's Back...

tedvanfrehley

Your Favorite Uncle
May 28, 2003
the bluegrass state
Visit site
So I'm driving home from work today, in a borrowed company pickup...because I am currently without a car...(not pissing and moaning, just the facts...hope to get a new ride in August!) and feeling quite depressed after a bad day at work. As I have mentioned here...I have been somewhat burnt on metal for a while..Anyways, I flip on the radio, expecting to hear the same Disturbed song or some nu metal that I've heard 1000 times before when some old familiar notes rang out instead...

duh duh
du du
duh duh
du du
aaaaie aaaie aaaie....

That's right. It was CRAZY TRAIN! Now, I have heard this song more times than I have tied my shoes. And can't honestly say I was hoping to hear it today. But when it hit me, unexpectedly, it was just a great HELL YEAH moment that kicked my ass and made me remember why I loved metal all these years. A real magic feeling brought on my melodies and memories. A great drug, heavy metal is...and for about 3 or 4 minutes all the world was right.

Ladies and gentleman,

more metal please.

I am putting my country cd's away for the summer.

Bring on the crushing riffs!

Glad you're back in a metal mood Ted. Some times you have to take a little time off and take a breather, it happens to me from time to time but I always find my way back to metal. Just like it did you (hearing Crazy Train out of the blue) it will hit me when I least expect it. :)

tedvanfrehley said:
So I'm driving home from work today, in a borrowed company pickup...because I am currently without a car...(not pissing and moaning, just the facts...hope to get a new ride in August!) and feeling quite depressed after a bad day at work. As I have mentioned here...I have been somewhat burnt on metal for a while..Anyways, I flip on the radio, expecting to hear the same Disturbed song or some nu metal that I've heard 1000 times before when some old familiar notes rang out instead...

duh duh
du du
duh duh
du du
aaaaie aaaie aaaie....

That's right. It was CRAZY TRAIN! Now, I have heard this song more times than I have tied my shoes. And can't honestly say I was hoping to hear it today. But when it hit me, unexpectedly, it was just a great HELL YEAH moment that kicked my ass and made me remember why I loved metal all these years. A real magic feeling brought on my melodies and memories. A great drug, heavy metal is...and for about 3 or 4 minutes all the world was right.

Ladies and gentleman,

more metal please.

I am putting my country cd's away for the summer.

Bring on the crushing riffs!
HELL YEAH TED!!
:headbang:

I'm back in the saddle again
I'm back
I'm riding, I'm loading up my pistol
I'm riding, I really got a fistful
I'm riding, I'm shining up my saddle
I'm riding, this snake is gonna rattle

I'm back
I'm back

Ridin' high
Ridin' high
Ridin' high already

TED, glad to have you back man!!!!

That's awesome Ted! Glad to hear your back. That song still has one of the best guitar solo's ever IMO. Long live MeTaL!

Two things for the record...

1. I never really "went away"...just burned out..but I would never be one of these folks (like some of my friends) who say, "I am now done liking metal". There's a difference. I shall always love metal.

2. Regarding my "spanking it". THAT never went away either!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

tedvanfrehley said:
Two things for the record...

1. I never really "went away"...just burned out..but I would never be one of these folks (like some of my friends) who say, "I am now done liking metal". There's a difference. I shall always love metal.

2. Regarding my "spanking it". THAT never went away either!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That's sick. I just thought Mark Martin had slipped you a little blue pill....

sixxswine said:
I thought this was about you spanking it? Go figure....

meatbeat.jpg