The songs of the beginning

baroz said:
Steve, what kind of songs did you play when you were a young musician?
A young musician as in "young"...or do you mean when I was starting out on bass?

I played several different instruments in my youth, before I started on electric bass when I was a teenager. I'm sure you don't want to be bored with my musical journey as a child playing in different school bands. I'm guessing you want to know how I started learning electric bass after my switch from double bass.
SDG

HippieOfDoom said:
A young musician as in "young"...or do you mean when I was starting out on bass?

I played several different instruments in my youth, before I started on electric bass when I was a teenager. I'm sure you don't want to be bored with my musical journey as a child playing in different school bands. I'm guessing you want to know how I started learning electric bass after my switch from double bass.
SDG

I mean when you starting to play the bass.. Which songs you played when you were a "newbye" of elettric bass?

By the way, if you want to tell me of your musican journey in the school bands, I would not be bored however.. :)

I think knowing your way to electric bass guitar can be very interesting. I'm interested too, but..
Do we have to do everything the same way as our idol? I realise that I can learn very much from other bass players but I seek for my own way..

I don't remember them all, but I do remember working on 2112 by Rush - the whole side 1 of the album. Oh yeah, sorry...that's back when we had two sides to an album. You one-sided cd generation wouldn't get it...!

SDG