What kind of bass does Steve play?

The only one I know of off-hand is a Carvin 5-string fretless (bunny brunel model). Carvin makes some nice basses, I love mine!

Unfortunately I haven't got all the basses I use up on the web site yet.
But in the old days I was a total Ric man. Then I made my own Fender like fretless that was around for a while. Moved on to Carvin. And now I'm using ESP Customs mostly, but the Carvin fretless is such a beautiful instrument, you'll see me with that one often. I have fretless and fretted versions of all of those except the Ric's are both fretted. But I favor all the fretless ones.

Yeah, you were playing your natural colored Carvin for the Sadus show in SF... I think it was natrual... Carvin makes some great stuff, but I just can't put down my Warwick... :lol:

I agree Steve, Carvins are beautiful instruments. My only complaints is that my 6 string bass has too narrow of a string spacing. I wish they'd offer an option like the 5-stringers to have the wider neck. And the pickups arent long enough for finger style on a 6( i plant my thumb on the pickup), so when I play on the B-string I'm practically plucking my thumb. So, I installed a thumb rest myself (didn't come out too bad).

That's interesting... too narrow? Most basses have too wide string spacing for my liking...

Hmm... I might have to research this...

I want a 5 string that has the same neck width of a 4 string! :lol:

yeah, there are some basses (6 stringed specially) that the space between string is almost like guitars

very bad for slappers : \

I like the 6-stringed with 4-stringed spaces, great for BigB string popping

Well, the 5's tend to not have that big of a difference in string spacing from a 4, maybe just alittle narrower spacings. But the 6's (for Carvin at least), it seems Carvin try to cram too many strings in there. If there was an extra inch and a half between the B and C string at the bridge I'd be more than happy. It kills my fingers when slapping (and I do a good bit of it), the skin at the top of my fingernails rubs against the strings frequently when popping and it gets painful after a while. One day I'll get a 6 that has huge string spacings. I saw on their website that Carvin offers a Bunny Brunel model 6 now (but without the wider neck, drat!).