The spoken lyrics?

Nov 3, 2006
Northwestern part of Germany
Alright, from Andreas we already found out that the doctor's reply in "One Last Goodbye" is:

"His condition is severe enough in itself -and in a comatose patient...? He simply can't fight it off"

But what else is said at the end of "One Last Goodbye"? I especially have problems with the sentences the doctor sais first - and what the hell does the wife say after "Daddy has to sleep now"??!!
That one word she mutters! Is it "forever" or "for good" or "don't bother my son, he's not your real dad anyway!"??
icon10.gif

I figured this might just as well be a thread where we collect all the spoken lyrics - not only in "One Last Goodbye"!

Andreas? Your help would be muchly appreciated!
icon10.gif

"Do it", is the words youre looking for I believe!! :)

Thanks!!! :) :) Now I've finally recognized it as that, I finally heard "do it" myself!
icon10.gif

Sooooo... how about other spoken lyrics (that don't appear in the booklet)?

I'll try and post everything I understand and you guys out there (and hopefully Andreas himself
icon10.gif
icon12.gif
) add other parts you understand - until we have it all!

I've marked all the parts I DON'T get as this: <...>
So here we go:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

01.) A New Beginning

Police unit: "This is unit <number> single car accident <...> requesting immediate ambulance <...> accident <...> one man and a woman <...> suffering severe <...> eye-conscious <...> the man remains unconscious. He appears to have lost control of the vehicle <...> straight onto <...> a massive tree <...> I'm telling you right now: it looks pretty bad. Hang on."
Ambulance unit: "I can't hear you... ... Okay!"
Police unit: <...>
Ambulance unit: "What about the man?" ... "What about the man??"
Police unit: "We've lost him."

[starting 2:13]
Doctor: "Well, here we are again. You sure you'll be okay?"
Wife: "Yes, doctor. I'll be fine, thank you."
Doctor: "Okay."

Wife: "I'm here again. I'm by your side and I'm holding your hand... as I have been ever since that horrible night so many years ago. But you have to give me a sign that you can hear me! That you're still in there! The doctors are losing hope and if nothing changes soon... All we can do is hope that the new procedure will work. And you know it involves our son and I... *sigh* I have to go. I'll turn the radio on to keep you company. Goodbye."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

07.) Tears For A Son

Doctor: "Your daughter has signed a letter of consent for us to use bone marrow from your grandson. Through this procedure we hope to increase the production of red blood cells. It should work - but we'll have to keep our fingers crossed."

10.) Break The Silence

[last second of the song]
Boy: "Can I come in?"

11.) Hide And Seek

[6 seconds before the end of the song]
Whisper: <...>

12.) Destiny Calls

[4:17-4:39]
Patient: "Hello? Hello? Is there anyone there? Where am I? Hello? Is there anyone there? Anyone at all? Hello? Who am I? Who am I?"

13.) One Last Goodbye

[starting 2:52]
Doctor: "We have done everything <...> possible. But after all this time...
Wife: "Are you sure? How can you be sure? You said that the surgery would...
Doctor: "Yes. I had hoped so. But his condition is severe enough in itself - and in a comatose patient...? He simply can't fight it off - and frankly his brain hasn't been active in a long time. The bone marrow from your son was our last chance to break the coma. I have no idea why his body rejected the transplant. It should have worked - but it didn't. But - and I stress this - the final decision will be yours, and yours alone."
Son: "Mommy, will daddy <...>?"
Wife: "Yes, honey. Daddy has to sleep now. ... Do it."

14.) Back In Time

[starting 0:51]
Wife: "Honey?"
Patient: "M-Hm?"
Wife: "There's something I've been meaning to tell you... for a long time."
Patient: "Okay..?"
Wife: "I'm... so sorry but... *sigh* God, I don't know how to say this... It's not your child."
Patient: "WHAT?!"

Sooooo.... I hope someone can help me with the completion!! :)

This is what I hear:

01.) A New Beginning

Police unit: "This is unit <number> <reporting a> single car accident <near the old mill> requesting immediate ambulance <and fire rescue assisstance. The> accident <involving> one man and a woman <Victims are> suffering severe <haemorrhaging....drifting in and out of consciousness.> <*kshh*> the man remains unconscious. He appears to have lost control of the vehicle <...> straight < on into the woods hitting> a massive tree. I'm telling you right now: it looks pretty bad. Hang on."
Ambulance unit: "I can't hear you... ... Okay!"
Police unit: <The woman has regained consciousness.>
Ambulance unit: "What about the man?" ... "What about the man??"

[starting 2:13]
Doctor: "Well, here we are again. You sure you'll be okay?"
Wife: "Yes, doctor. I'll be fine, thank you."
Doctor: "Okay."

Wife: "I'm here again. I'm by your side and I'm holding your hand... as I have been ever since that horrible night so many years ago. But you have to give me a sign that you can hear me! That you're still in there! The doctors are losing hope and if nothing changes soon... All we can do is hope that the new procedure will work. And you know it involves our son and I... *sigh* I have to go. I'll turn the radio on to keep you company. Goodbye."

07.) Tears For A Son

Doctor: "Your daughter has signed a letter of consent for us to use bone marrow from your grandson. Through this procedure we hope to increase the production of red blood cells. It should work - but we'll have to keep our fingers crossed."

10.) Break The Silence

[last second of the song]
Boy: "Can I come in?"

11.) Hide And Seek

[6 seconds before the end of the song]
This bit's actually in the booklet ;)
Whisper: <That's the last piece>

12.) Destiny Calls

[4:17-4:39]
Patient: "Hello? Hello? Is there anyone there? Where am I? Hello? Is there anyone there? Anyone at all? Hello? Who am I? Who am I?"

13.) One Last Goodbye

[starting 2:52]
Doctor: "We have done everything <humanly> possible. But after all this time...
Wife: "Are you sure? How can you be sure? You said that the surgery would...
Doctor: "Yes. I had hoped so. But his condition is severe enough in itself - and in a comatose patient...? He simply can't fight it off - and frankly his brain hasn't been active in a long time. The bone marrow from your son was our last chance to break the coma. I have no idea why his body rejected the transplant. It should have worked - but it didn't. But - and I stress this - the final decision will be yours, and yours alone."
Son: "Mommy, will daddy <rest now>?"
Wife: "Yes, honey. Daddy has to sleep now. ... Do it."

14.) Back In Time

[starting 0:51]
Wife: "Honey?"
Patient: "M-Hm?"
Wife: "There's something I've been meaning to tell you... for a long time."
Patient: "Okay..?"
Wife: "I'm... so sorry but... *sigh* God, I don't know how to say this... It's not your child."
Patient: "WHAT?!"

Well done on writing up everything else! If the helicopter didn't keep flying overhead it would be much easier to hear what else was said in A New Beginning ;)

Well done on writing up everything else! If the helicopter didn't keep flying overhead it would be much easier to hear what else was said in A New Beginning ;)
Thank you so much, Gryll!! :) :)
Damn right you are, A New Beginning was definitely the hardest. Even harder when you have to recognize the spoken words from your computer's speakers - because I was at work while making that post!
icon10.gif

So, if any of these lyrics ARE indeed in the booklet, I'm sorry. I didn't have the album with me, only as MP3 files on my computer at work. :rolleyes:

No probs - and it was only that one line from Hide and Seek which is in the booklet (I think).

This is what I hear:

01.) A New Beginning

Police unit: "This is unit <56> <reporting a> single car accident <near the old mill> requesting immediate ambulance <and fire rescue assisstance. The> accident <involving> one man and a woman <Victims are> suffering severe <haemorrhaging <from legs and abdomen>....drifting in and out of consciousness.> <*kshh*> the man remains unconscious. It appears they've lost control of the vehicle <due to the heavy rain and God only knows what else, driving> straight < out into the woods hitting> a massive tree. I'm telling you right now: it looks pretty bad. Hang on <here it was supposed to be :"hang on, my partner's saying something">."
Shouting over the weather to his partner: "I can't hear you...<partner answering louder> ... Okay!"
Police unit: <The woman has regained consciousness.>
Shouting again to his partner to be able to continue reporting: "What about the man?" ... "What about the man??"

Hi all!

Very nicely transcribed!

One thing though that I agree is a bit unclear.
The conversation in the beginning is not intended to be between the ambulance and the police, infact it is the same guy talking throughout.
There was one line that was stricken out for timing reasons which indeed should have been in there.

The scene was inteded to be like this:
*The police car arrives at the scene of the crash
*On of the two policemen rushes to the car and pulls the man and the woman from the twisted and burning wreck.
*The other policeman stays by the car and reports what is happening to the central.
*The idea with taking the "radio-effect" on and off was to illustrate the difference between when the police man is talking (reporting) to the central (with radio effect on) and when he is talking (shouting over the wind and the rain) to his partner who is some distance away giving CPR to the victims.
*That is, he reports what he/they sees to the central and asks for fire and ambulance assistance, describing the scene so that the extra units can prepare for what they will face
*After reporting for a while when his partner is giving CPR, the partner shouts something to him which we can't here, and neither can he so responds "I can't hear you!" and the partner shouts again that the woman is regaining consciousness, thus hinting that she is better off than the man.
The man then goes into cardiac arrest and he gives the sad news "we lost him". As we then find out they managed to ressucitate him and return to sinus rhythm.

I know that this part was not as clear as intended and we had planned to include more poeple and more illustrations in the booklet explaining this but unfortunately a too tight time table didn't allow for this. :mad:

Anyway, I just thought I'd let you in on what image I had in my head.

Great job with the transcription! (did som additions in green above).

Cheers!

Tack Andreas! now all is more and more clearer
next cd "invite" me to partecipate at some intro / outro in italian à la Kamelot or Dream Theater ...it will be more easy for us....hihihihih :lol:

Thank you so much for the long reply, Andreas!! It's so awesome to have more background information on the way you imagined the whole scene!
icon14.gif

AndreasBlomqvist said:
(...) and we had planned to include more poeple and more illustrations in the booklet explaining this but unfortunately a too tight time table didn't allow for this. :mad:
That's really a shame... :erk: It would have been brilliant to have more pictures and/or sketches in the booklet... Oh well, maybe for a "25th Anniversary"-Deluxe Edition when the CD has finally gone Platinum worldwide!!
icon10.gif

Seriously now, did you plan on releasing some sort of written form of the story yet, like a short novel? That would be a blast!!

Can't understand people complaining about the voice acting. I think it's great. And the woman makes a stunning performance!

Definately agreeing with that........(I like it more than the performance of the doctor).

Definately agreeing with that........(I like it more than the performance of the doctor).

Yes absolutely! Love the performance of the girl, guess the doc is just ok. The boy is great too "Mommy, will daddy rest now?" "Yes honey, daddy has to sleep now. Do it."

And then the chorus kicks in with Jenny's part and everything... just brings me to tears every time...

The spoken parts are very good. Around the same time, Tomorrows Eve released their newest, the spoken parts on that album are a bit crappy.

The spoken parts are very good. Around the same time, Tomorrows Eve released their newest, the spoken parts on that album are a bit crappy.
In my opinion the whole album ("Tales From Serpentia") is crappy. While their second album "Mirror Of Creation" (with their previous vocalist) was a brilliant and stunning masterpiece, their follow-up album "Mirror Of Creation 2 - Genesis II" was... well... okaaaay... but it contained the new vocalist who's a lot inferior. Now the new album's simply boring. And the whole theme (or themes, that is) makes me feel uncomfortable.

I have to agree. 'Tales...' is not a good album indeed! "MoC 2" is a lot better.

@SonataFanatica, just out of curiosity: which album of Sonata Arctica do you like best, which comes second etc....?
I'm curious what your ranking is since they've changed their sound a lot over the last couple of years.