The lyrics of "j'ai fait une promesse"?

Lord

New Metal Member
May 16, 2002
Spain
Visit site
Yeah, all right, I've got the english lyrics of this great song ( they come in the booklet of the "Serenades" LP, as you can see ). BUt it's for me IMPOSSIBLE to find the FRENCH LYRICS.

I'm trying to play this song with some friends, but we have found that the french spoken part of the song is not available ANYWHERE!!!

Just ask...., Someone has got the lyrics? I will be so fucking happy if someone could post a reply with the french lyrics of "j'ai fait une promesse"....

Goodbye and thanks!

hey,
thanks Eos for free advertising. you'll soon get the money for it, check your mailbox =)

there's something i have to correct something there. the right way to write these lyrics are this one :

J'ai Fait Une Promesse

La voie le saule s'incline dessus du ruisseau,
comme une personne qui se descend, criant pour l'amant.
Me rapelle d'automne, pressé dans ton révérence,
je m'ai engagée à vous...

anyway, these lyricss are anything but french. it doesn't make sense really haha :D

peace,
mehdi

Hey Mehdi,

maybe you can translate them for the people whose french got a bit rusty, like....me, for example :)

Originally posted by mehdi.i.e.e.e

anyway, these lyricss are anything but french. it doesn't make sense really haha :D

peace,
mehdi
[/QUOTE

Would be nice getting this "nonsense" in english:)

Cheers Morpheus

they're written in the booklet =)

just in case you got a CDR hehe :

'j'ai fait une promesse' means 'i promised'. here we go :

The way that the willow bows over the stream
like a mourner crying for their loved one
reminds me of last fall
when on one knee, I pledged myself to you

peace,
mehdi

tho, the direct translation of the french lyrics would be these ones :

"There, look, the willow clings over the river,
like a person who bows down, crying for the lover.
Reminds me of Autumn, you were kneeling,
I engaged myself to you..."
[taken on this page]

the meaning of the french lyrics is quite different from the english version printed in the booklet ;)

peace,
mehdi

yeah, thanx for the translation, nice lyrics as usual.

you are right i don't have the cd, only a good old cassette from around ten years ago, :), but it comes to the time to get it on cd.

cheers Morpheus

Tori Amos - Caught A Lite Sneeze

I just got "Strange Little Girls" (the only Tori album I don't have) and its.... fucking eerie! Nearly all the songs are soo creepy (more so than many metal bands who try their hardest ;) ), especially the Eminem cover - when he did it you were like "its eminem, he's taking the piss" the Tori does it and she is really scary!

That is all ;)

Originally posted by Morpheus
Would be nice getting this "nonsense" in english:)[/B]

well, it's not proper french. it's been translated word by word, and finally it doesn't mean anything. :)

just like if you wrote 'i am thank to you' to say 'thank you', it's just french mistakes.

Originally posted by godisanathiest
I just got "Strange Little Girls" (the only Tori album I don't have) and its.... fucking eerie! Nearly all the songs are soo creepy (more so than many metal bands who try their hardest ), especially the Eminem cover - when he did it you were like "its eminem, he's taking the piss" the Tori does it and she is really scary!:[/B]

oh yeah, they did some good song there, but i don't know most of the original versions so i can't compare really, except the Slayer & the Depeche Mode ones. Did you hear the 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' and the 'Losing My Religion' covers she did? they are just fucking amazing.

i'd kill to listen to tori amos covering 'lost control' only piano+vocals :D

peace,
mehdi

oh yeah, they did some good song there, but i don't know most of the original versions so i can't compare really, except the Slayer & the Depeche Mode ones. Did you hear the 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' and the 'Losing My Religion' covers she did? they are just fucking amazing.

i'd kill to listen to tori amos covering 'lost control' only piano+vocals :D

peace,
mehdi

Yeah, they are great :D But her best cover is "Love Song" by The Cure... just amazing :)

Originally posted by godisanathiest
Yeah, they are great :D But her best cover is "Love Song" by The Cure... just amazing :)

oh did she cover this one? i never heard of it - i have to find it! thanks for info!

peace,
mehdi

Originally posted by Lord
Yeah, all right, I've got the english lyrics of this great song ( they come in the booklet of the "Serenades" LP, as you can see ). BUt it's for me IMPOSSIBLE to find the FRENCH LYRICS.

I'm trying to play this song with some friends, but we have found that the french spoken part of the song is not available ANYWHERE!!!

Just ask...., Someone has got the lyrics? I will be so fucking happy if someone could post a reply with the french lyrics of "j'ai fait une promesse"....

Goodbye and thanks!

well you wont be able to find the french version, because i think it's not good french at all. we attempted a direct translation of the english lyrics, but 2 things went wrong. our translation was wrong anyway, then i "edited" it to make it sound more musical. the result is a very nice song that makes no real sense!
there is some basic french in there somewhere, but most french people would make not fully understand it at all!
actually i heard it again 3 nights ago for the first time in years, and i really liked it! that resonance 1 compilation is well cool.

danny cavanagh.

It realy is a beautiful song! And this vocals so pure and emotional! :cry: The guy who invented the repeat button was realy a genius :D :lol:
When I first listened to this song I didn´t know it´s in French and so I realy tried to find out in whitch language she´s singing.. I though it´s something like this "elbish" from "The Lord Of The Rings" :loco::loco::lol:

Originally posted by pagan2002
that resonance 1 compilation is well cool.

well, if didn't had this awful 'angelica' live version, it would have been better :p

peace,
mehdi