About lyrics

opethfan

New Metal Member
Mar 17, 2003
France
Visit site
I don't speak fluenty English (i'm french), and sometimes when i read the lyrics of some Opeth songs, i don't understand what is the real meaning of those sentences. I would like to know if theirl yrics are well written with a good english level ? Sometimes i can't guess what is the song about in general.
thanks you

opethfan said:
I don't speak fluenty English (i'm french), and sometimes when i read the lyrics of some Opeth songs, i don't understand what is the real meaning of those sentences. I would like to know if theirl yrics are well written with a good english level ? Sometimes i can't guess what is the song about in general.
thanks you

I think the lyrics are awesome. The only adjectives that I can come up with to evaluate them are: poetic; elusive.

They have actually possessed me to evaluate lyrics from other bands, and the majority of the time, I find them inferior and substandard. Opeth has totally changed my view on lyrics. But that is just my opinion.

I think Opeth's lyrics are good,but I preffer some other bands lately,specially since BWP and Deliverance,tho I still think their lyrics are pretty decent.