About the lyrics

opethfan

New Metal Member
Mar 17, 2003
France
Visit site
Always about the lyrics, i would like to know what are the subjects of the songs in Damnation ? I read the lyrics, but i don't speak fluently English, so, i can understand the words but not exacly the sentences.

This may sound as a cliché but lyrics are you own to analyze. I, myself think the lyrics to Damnation are about Mikael's view on life and death. All the feelings ppl have in different phases of life, thoughts about death and so on. Personally, from a analytic view I think Windowpane has one of the great lyrics togheter with To rid the desease and In my time of need

I agree with seventi...there's not really a specific story to the songs on Damnation,everyone can make their own conclusions from the lyrics. I really had In My Time Of Need in my mind when it was snowing like hell a few days ago :)

TheFourthHorseman said:
I agree with seventi...there's not really a specific story to the songs on Damnation,everyone can make their own conclusions from the lyrics. I really had In My Time Of Need in my mind when it was snowing like hell a few days ago :)

Windowpane is fits me like a glove. I think it resembles my thoughts about life slipping out of my bare hands. Just watching it in a window why it speeds way over 300 MPH before my eyes :)

Fascinating.... I get the lyrics to be the states of mind that you enter and the thoughts that you go through when a meaningful relationship comes to a conclusion, and getting through it all.