The story behind "Power Quest"

Dec 30, 2010
How did you guys come up with the name Power Quest? Was it just an amalgamation of two "power metal sounding" words, or is there a story behind it?

According to Wikipedia, theres a software company and video game by the same name, I'm guessing you didn't walk past one of the two and think "that would be a good band name?"

I'm curious as well! It's one of those ultimate power metal band names. Love it :D

Also, somewhat related to this as well as the cover song topic - would be quite amusing to have an entire covers album released as Pasta Quest :lol:

I'm curious as well! It's one of those ultimate power metal band names. Love it :D

Also, somewhat related to this as well as the cover song topic - would be quite amusing to have an entire covers album released as Pasta Quest :lol:

Sounds like an idea ol' Nanowar would jump on...

If I remember right, me and Kiwi came up with the name on the very simple premise....."Power" for Power metal and "Quest" for it's obvious connotations but also with us striving to continually make the best melodic/power metal we could do at each and every turn

If I remember right, me and Kiwi came up with the name on the very simple premise....."Power" for Power metal and "Quest" for it's obvious connotations but also with us striving to continually make the best melodic/power metal we could do at each and every turn
It's a very original name dude. To be honest, if I wouldn't know of PQ and search on Wikipedia for power metal bands and see Power Quest appear on the list I would immediately think it's a brilliant band.