The story behind your nickname?

Cronopio

Glorious Imperator
Oct 16, 2003
Stockholm, Sweden
www.cronopio.se
I'd like to know what made you choose the nickname you currently have. Mine comes from the Argentine writer Julio Cortázar's work, in some of which he invented a creature called the 'cronopio' that, alongside the 'fames' and the 'esperanzas' portray different characteristics of human beings. The cronopios are known to be naive, idealistic but also spontaneous and creative.

So, you are next!

Well, I think mine's fairly easy, but I'll explain anyone. My name's Andy, I'm a big fan of Ensiferum. Andy + Ensiferum = Andiferum. Voila! It's also a username I never have any difficulty of getting, anywhere.

A friend of mine called me Kingface once and when I asked "Where the hell did that come from?" he jokingly said that he thinks I have the face of a King.

The next time I registered on something online that required a username, I thought of it and decided to use it. It has become my staple username on forums and online profiles ever since.

Mine is a combination of nicknames. When I was a freshman in high school I ran cross country, we were playing ultimate and one of the captains threw it to "Alex" thinking that that was my name. I got hit in the face with the Frisbee and the name randomly stuck. Jacobii is from just general BS we did as a team, for some reason I just got that nickname and nobody knows why. I put the two together and got a username that is always available.

Well, I think mine's fairly easy, but I'll explain anyone. My name's Andy, I'm a big fan of Ensiferum. Andy + Ensiferum = Andiferum. Voila! It's also a username I never have any difficulty of getting, anywhere.

Wasn't obvious to me dude i just thought you were really indecisive:
Andiferum = And, If, Er, Um :lol:

Mine is an adaptation of the Symphony X song 'A Fools Paradise'

I thought Andiferum sounded like a chemical element. A heavy metal of course ;)

Mine? Well my name is Dom. I like power metal.

*cough*

Oh well there was a guy at uni known as Metal Dan, Metal Dom sounded too similar so I was Power Metal Dom since I was like one of 4 guys in the whole university to like the genre.

Eh, quite a long story, since I've had this username in various iterations for maybe 6-7 years.
It was originally named after 'The Mole', a really cool TV program in which a team of contestants completed challenges to earn cash, but there was one in there who deliberately tried to make them screw up so they could get the money for themselves - but they had to do it without being detected.

Then the SG is short for 'stargazer', something that was tagged on after Mole when I used to play MMOs that required characters to have a surname / 2 names.
I'm not big into astronomy (or indeed into it at all), but I think it's pretty cool.

Quite simple, when i was a litlle child we had a dog called gibbon, used his name in every online game and other online sites back at that time, and kept it sense...not that great story lol:p

The 'Codd' part of my name refers not to the fish, but to Ted Codd, who invented the relational model for database management. Basically he came up with the idea of giving things and people code numbers so that information from one table could be cross-referenced with information from another table. Click here to find out more. I sound like a real computer nerd but I just heard the name while doing ICT at college (which I failed) and it sounded like a nice play on what we call Rob Halford.

On other forums I am known as CerealDave, which is a nickname I stole off someone who used to work nights in the place where my mother and I work. I've never even met him, and for some reason people call him Slasher now. My real name isn't David.

The Symphonic in my name actually inspired me from Steve's username Symphony, and the Life....I forgot lol! I just wanted to have two words in my name, and Life was the word that I could think of back then.

So now that my name is changed I can tell you all what's behind it. 2 things are behind it:

1.Disturbed's album which I used to consider the best ever...
2. A while back at school I've had a friend that we always hanged out together and one time we were going on a school trip near some cave, and then I was telling him something like "don't worry, nobody can stop us, we'll get through anything!" and he responded "wow man you've got balls there..." and I just felt like I'm Indestructible back then. :)

I don't get it, can you give a little more details on your last.fm username that you shortened for here? :guh: :p

Sure! :lol:

I first heard the word Empathica in Stephen King's Dark Tower books - thought it was a cool name, so when I couldn't think of anything for a last.fm account, I threw that in there. Also heard it at the start of Poet and the Pendulum by Nightwish.

The 1928 comes from Overture 1928 by Dream Theater :D