The Tribute to Lemmy Thread

i saw motorhead live at wacken '04 and it was terrible because they (by 'they' i'm assuming the festival organisers rather than the band, idk) fucked up the sound. the loudest band in the world became the quietest band in the world. i'd almost rather i hadn't seen them.

i've been listening to them a lot this past year or two though. they just had that special lived-in feel to their music that elevated even their more rudimentary songs. i have a basically similar attitude to you and i'd agree that lemmy is someone to idolise for anyone who wishes to live life on their own terms, even if his life isn't the one you specifically want to live. i can't imagine he had many regrets.

Last edited:
Reactions: Elric of Melniboné
Too bad. Festival gigs usually aren't the greatest if you want the premium grade of a band's sound. I saw them in clubs and theatres a few times, it was balls-to-the-wall speed metal mania.

Reactions: Atomic Tide
B154H2U.gif

Reactions: Atomic Tide
Made a pilgrimage to his grave this last summer, it's funny because Ronnie James Dio is interred roughly 20 yards away. Ronnie has a much larger grave, and a giant portrait of his family overhead and all that, you go to Lemmy's, it's just an unmarked compartment in a wall of stones. Left a mock iron cross necklace, pack of Marlboros, and bottle of Jack by it, had a moment of silence for him, and then walked off. Many say he was larger than life. Nothing could be further from the truth. He was the essence of independent life, fully realized. His death may as well have been his self-actualization.