The Ultimate VST Mesa Recto hearing test!

3 wins by a mile for me, it sounds the most organic and amp like. really nice!

6 is pretty cool too for more agressive stuff.

i'd be really interesting in finding out what 2 is though..sounds so terrible it actually made me physically nauseous.

thanks for taking the time to do the shootout mate!

3 wins by a mile for me, it sounds the most organic and amp like. really nice!

6 is pretty cool too for more agressive stuff.

i'd be really interesting in finding out what 2 is though..sounds so terrible it actually made me physically nauseous.

thanks for taking the time to do the shootout mate!

No Problem! it was fun!
The funny thing about 2 is that I've actually used this one quite a bit,
but with this cab sim it really sucks!

I would've loved to hear them all through the same IR so the difference would be just the amp modeling and not the IR it's going through. That might throw the comparison into a different direction you know. I feel like I'm choosing between my favorite IR that was used rather than the amp modeling. :)

Out of these I liked #8! That one sit right in the mix and made a very realistic spread but like I said it could be the IR. I'd love to know what the #8 is!!

Finally, the list!!

The results were quite interesting!
Almost nobody tried to guess the modelers used and few were succesfull.
(I also posted this test on 2 other forums)
Anyway here it goes! Let me know what you think about it now!

1. Amplitube Dual Recto
2. Guitar Rig Rammfire (I like this one but no so much how it sounds here)
3. Amplitube Triple Recto
4. TH2 Randall Lynchbox with matching Cab.
5. Line 6 Pod Farm Dual Treadplate
6. Poulin's Lecto
7. Guitar Rig Recto
8. TH2 Modern High Gain Recto
9. Line 6 California Treadplate , triple Recto.
10. Studio Devil
11. Line 6 Treadplate (the older model)

I've been saying that the TH2 Recto is very close to real amps. I'm glad to know I preferred it in this blind folded test. :) It may not have been the best IR but the realism of the dynamics was best IMO.

I've been saying that the TH2 Recto is very close to real amps. I'm glad to know I preferred it in this blind folded test. :) It may not have been the best IR but the realism of the dynamics was best IMO.

Same here- I was pretty tired when i heard the clip first time and thought the order was as per the (now what i see as) random order.

The clip that I thought was rammfire was TH2, which I have always thoguht was the best software modelling apart from Axe fx 2.

Great test! These are the ones I liked the most...

6. Poulin's Lecto
8. TH2 Modern High Gain Recto
9. Line 6 California Treadplate

I really like the TH2 Recto, very dynamic amp-like tone!

10 sound like Rammfire to me.
3 best from this comparison.
I think results would be different if was used same IR for all sims, because sound like some of them sound bad because of IR and not sim it self.