The (un)Official Pagan's Mind Worship Thread

I'm really happy to see you make this thread Zod.

You now see what I have known for sooo many years.

You mention "feel" and "taste" in your description of Viggo, and thats exactly right. He plays with so much emotion, and class its scary. He steps away from the typica shredder/arpeggio freak, and shows you another side of guitar playing.

Pagans Mind had somehing to prove......and they damn sure fucking did just that! Proud to call them all my Brothers!

I have liked this band for some time and now have an even greater love for them after this weekend. The King Diamond cover was the best part of the jam for me.

Jorn seriously is just an amazing guitarist in my mind. After watching Pagan's Mind for the first time LIVE and the all-star jam, i don't think much in this world can top that now.

Can someone PLEASE post the Pagan's Mind ProgPower setlist??? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE???

Yup I can,
got a message from Nils before the show on friday:

Bilde230.jpg

Best
Pagan's Mind Webteam

Yes, totally killer set and show. Jorn is a true guitar hero and Nils is an elite vocalist. The backing band is solid as a rock and always interject something exciting with their bass lines and drum fills. And for an added bonus, I got to hear what I was hoping for during the All Star jam... Nils doing KD!! That was, by a mile, the best song and performance of the ASJ!!

Pagans Mind was awesome. I overheard people in front of me who weren't familiar with them, and had missed their show the previous day. They were blown away by his vocals in the all-star jam. I'm sure the band has picked up more fans as a result.

The photo of the setlist looks like the one the belly dancer in the VIP pit was holding for someone to photograph. If the PG set wasn't so incredible, I would have liked to watch her dance more.

Allow me to start building a shrine in my living room for Pagan's Mind.

It'll be a giant coffee table in the shape of the PM from their stage backdrop, cut from solid METAL, and it will be held up by a stone sculpture of the Horns.

You forgot to add the real-life-sized picture of the girl in the cover of God's Equation on your wall, as a poster. :lol: Oh wait, nevermind, leave that to me. :heh::worship:lol:

Oh yeah, and I need to paint my room's walls royal blue too. With little white stars and light flashes all over.

I totally agree. Pagan's Mind was THE highlight of the weekend (along with the other highlights; After Forever, FK, Redemption, and Threshold).

Nils is a great singer. Jorn Viggo is a real guitar god. He is absolutely amazing and incredibly versatile. And the whole band just smokes!

I wish much more success and recognition for them. They are the real deal.

:headbang:

Had you asked me on Friday afternoon who the best guitar player in Metal is, I would have told you, it's a toss up between Jeff Loomis and Michael Romeo. However, Jeff and Michael will now have to battle for my number two spot, because I now know the correct answer is Jørn Viggo Lofstad.

Short of Joe Satriani and Steve Vai, I've never heard anyone play like that. Forget the fact that Jørn doesn't miss a note, every note is struck perfectly. He doesn't need to blaze, though clearly he can, because everything he plays is done with such amazing feel and incredible taste. I was simply left speechless by his performance.

I've always liked Nils' vocals, but he's not someone I ever thought of as an "elite" vocalist. However, all that changed this weekend. Never mind his flawless Friday night set, you just have to bow down to anyone who can completely nail Welcome Home AND Take Hold of the Flame.

By the way, Geoff Tate has never sung Take Hold of the Flame that well live.

With complete stars like Jorn and Nils in the line-up, it's easy to forget Steinar Krokmo, Stian Lindaas Kristoffersen, and Ronny Tegner, but wow these cats can play. They may be the tightest band whose ever played ProgPower.

:kickass::worship::kickass::worship::kickass:

Zod

All Hail Pagan's Mind!!! Let the worshipping continue...:kickass::worship::kickass::worship::kickass:

The whole band are awesome players. Jorn was flawless and definitely one of the finest players around today. Nils was on fire and one of the few elite singers today that can even be mentioned in Geoff Tate's league; but you would eat your words about Take Hold of the Flame if you had ever seen Jeff sing it back then, which I suspect you haven't, because seeing him sing live on the Warning tour, which I did, his singing was absolutley scary beyond belief. His voice isn't what it used to be and he could pull all the early stuff flawlessly live back in the day. Nilis and perhaps Michael Erikson are some of the only vocalists today that can even touch what he did back then.

Agree with ya there...

When I tell pals about Circus Maximus and they question who they are; in describing Eriksen's voice - I call him the "modern Tate"...

Both Nils and Michael are in my top 3 vocalists...

Had you asked me on Friday afternoon who the best guitar player in Metal is, I would have told you, it's a toss up between Jeff Loomis and Michael Romeo. However, Jeff and Michael will now have to battle for my number two spot, because I now know the correct answer is Jørn Viggo Lofstad.

Short of Joe Satriani and Steve Vai, I've never heard anyone play like that. Forget the fact that Jørn doesn't miss a note, every note is struck perfectly. He doesn't need to blaze, though clearly he can, because everything he plays is done with such amazing feel and incredible taste. I was simply left speechless by his performance.

I've always liked Nils' vocals, but he's not someone I ever thought of as an "elite" vocalist. However, all that changed this weekend. Never mind his flawless Friday night set, you just have to bow down to anyone who can completely nail Welcome Home AND Take Hold of the Flame.

By the way, Geoff Tate has never sung Take Hold of the Flame that well live.

With complete stars like Jorn and Nils in the line-up, it's easy to forget Steinar Krokmo, Stian Lindaas Kristoffersen, and Ronny Tegner, but wow these cats can play. They may be the tightest band whose ever played ProgPower.

:kickass::worship::kickass::worship::kickass:

Zod

Hey, I actually agree with you about something Zod! :lol: Lofstad started kickin' my ass during his set with Lande back in 2006. Aside from his playing ability, he has excellent stage presence and interacts with the crowd during the entire set. In addition, he's a cool guy to us fans.

Niles is an under appreciated vocal god! He's a damn madman on stage, with stage presence up to par with the Mountain King himself. Pagan's Mind has my total respect and I wish them the most success possible! :worship:kickass:

~Brian~