the 'upload stuff for ppl to try' thread

shitthread.gif

Ive heard TOG before, Rays Of The Sun was the song name I think. Roy Z should stick to metal!

I'm gonna upload a couple of songs tonight for everyone. Maybe a Spread Eagle track as some good sleaze/glam metal and maybe find a couple of good melodic rock tracks I think you guys will like.

Crown Of Thorns - Dyin' For Love
(Crown Of Thorns, 1993)

Treat - Won't Be Cryin'
(Muscle In Motion, 2001)

Spread Eagle - Back On The Bitch
(Spread Eagle, 1990)

Here are 3 songs I think are worth checking out. The first 2 are about 2 mb each, at 64kbps or whatever. Both EXCELLENT melodic hard rock/AOR tracks that I reckon you guys will love.

Crown Of Thorns was Jean Beauvior's band (he co-wrote stuff with KISS) and this is one of my favourite songs of all time. One of the best choruses ever, big and catchy but also packed with emotion and desperation! Top notch stuff! Love Jean's voice too, its great. This is melodic rock at its best I reckon.

The Treat track is also one of my favourite songs of all time, comes off their latest release but the album was actually recorded in 1992. The record company wouldn't release it though because they wanted them to do something more '90s so they ended up doing a kinda Lynch Mob sounding album instead. This song though is from the album that didn't get released (until 2001 anyway) and is a great slow-paced AOR track. Anyway you MUST check it out because its unreal and again, its melodic rock at its best! Great key change at the end too, then the way it goes back into the first riff of the song, magic stuff!

The Spread Eagle track I uploaded is quite low quality and only about 1mb but I don't actually have a better quality version of it to upload at the moment, sorry. Anyway, it's a pretty good song, but not in the class of the other 2. I know you guys are into heavy stuff though and this is on the heavier side of glam so I thought you might be interested to check it out, its very heavy and nasty sounding sleaze metal. Kinda like an Appetite For Destruction vibe but heavier, sleazier and more bad-ass haha. It is a very cool song.

Anyway there you go. I personally cannot comprehend anybody actually NOT liking the first 2 songs, they are just such awesome songs that anybody would like them no matter what kinda music you're into it, be it rock, metal, even pop, anything! Except maybe those people who only listen to black metal.

For some reason you have to click on the first half of the link I posted to download it. Weird...

Those first 2 songs sounded exactly like I expected them too Troops :) Not too bad though :headbang: