the 'upload stuff for ppl to try' thread

It doesnt matter anyway, I am uploading something else now, just dont cry if the band name isnt Dio or WASP :mad:

Troops, tell me more about Crown Of Thorns and Treat, how hard is it to get the albums the songs you posted are from?

Crown Of Thorns' first album I never see around but doubt its too hard to find.

Treat were an '80s AOR/hard rock band who did some great albums "Scratch & Bite", "The Pleasure Principal", "Dreamhunter" and "Organized Crime" (they all get better as they go along those ones) in the '80s. Then yeah they recorded this album in 1991 and the record company trashed it and told them to do a heavier, sleazier, less AOR album so they did and that came out in 1992 I think called "Treat" (but there's also another release by them called Treat which is a dodgy 1989 release with songs from Pleasure Principal & Dreamhunter).

The album with that song was finally released in 2001 under the title "Muscle In Motion" (for some reason just has the European Dreamhunter artwork as the cover haha). I see it at Radical Records as a $40 import alot but that's all, I'm sure you can easily find it cheaper online.

If you wanna find stuff by bands like Treat, Crown Of Thorns, etc. go to www.aorheaven.com which is an online store that specializes in melodic rock. If I remember correctly they had a double CD of the first Crown Of Thorns album with a bonus EP on special for $US$12 or something recently. And you shouldn't have a problem finding Treat stuff because the old albums were re-issued and Muscle In Motion is recent anyway.

You're in luck.

Go to AOR Heaven and go to "Special Offers". You'll find a CD there called "21 Thorns" by Crown Of Thorns which is the first album packaged with a bonus CD of 10 unreleased & live tracks. It's only US$4.80!

Unfortunately the only Treat on the site are the remasters of "The Pleasure Principal" and "Dreamhunter".

Indeed they were. There are about a zillion melodic rock bands from Sweden. Talented country. If you ask me, Treat were a far better band than Europe, Europe just had the better singer.

I've heard about half the album at a friend's house. Most of what I heard was great! There is one strange song on the album with a guest rapper (!!!) hahaha but it's still a pretty cool song lol. I spose kinda has a "shout" rap thing like "All Hell's Breakin' Loose" by KISS.

By the way, if you don't like it, I'll gladly buy it off you. There you go, bit of a guarantee for you haha! I can't find it on CD in a shop here and I don't have a credit card to get it from the site.