The Veggie Thread

Without turning this thread into my own personal Veggie diary, it's been 3 days now since I've eaten any meat.

I don't feel weak or hungry, in fact my appetite is getting smaller. That could be because I've give up soda too.

Is this a normal reaction? Anyone?

The only way you'd feel weak is if you aren't eating anything with enough protein and caloric content, but as long as you get your protein from somewhere (and there are plenty sources in the vegetable world), there's no reason to feel weak.

Hungry, I've heard of many cases of people who complain about not feeling satisfied enough, and the general answer is: Eat more!! You should always have some kind of "filling" food, potatoes, legumes, bread, stuff that fills, if all you eat is lettuce and tomato, then yeah you'll be hungry, that doesn't have enough caloric content to satisfy your appetite. I've always been a pig and eat a lot, so I still eat a lot and my appetite is generally fine, nothing has changed in that aspect.

About the appetite, I've heard something about processed foods (that includes many types of meat, but also all those butter-filled junk foods) sending your brain signals making you crave more and more, in a very similar way to drug dependancy, in Forks Over Knives they call it "the pleasure trap". If you're going completely vegan, you've probably also stopped buying all that crap cause most of it has some kind of dairy or eggs or butter in it, and that could've helped the "unnecessary" appetite. Just a thought, but I really wouldn't know. The soda is probably part of that as well.

I'll go ahead and post a pic of how much Sushi I can make from one single "Blue Dragon" sushi kit:
2012-09-04%2021.59.05.jpg

Filled with Tempura vegetables and Tofu "Mediterranean" style

So what sorta aromatherapy stuff you got hanging around the bathroom??

Cause I know from my mate desecrating my throne that being vegan allows you to produce a stench that lingers for days....

A couple of nights ago I watched again this show on Discovery suggesting plants could have responses to physical harm/sentient-ism/etc. It's on this video, from around 34m18s:

About buying bagged/canned food, do you generally avoid it Dan? Curious as most anything on the supermarket comes packed and tagged with a list of processing/additives, nutritional table, ingredients etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
will review this thread thoroughly and haven't read it but i'd like to add to the bunch of vegetarians. well, technically pescatarians since once in a while i eat fish. i don't see myself ever being fully vegan as i eat eggs and dairy products but always from sourced local or established farms. and when i eat out, i do my best to avoid whatever i can. haven't eaten any meat since jan 2006 though. love the lifestyle and don't miss meat at all. my life has drastically improved since then health wise and everything else.

Yeah, I thought those experiments were quite interesting, especially the one where the plant reacts to the scissors! Not to rain on veggies or anything, just thought it curious.

Sorry to post it so late into the topic btw, but I didn't know the name of the show until I saw a rerun.

Back to those recipes :)