The viking metal stance/pose..thing

Vehemens

The Wayfarer
Mar 18, 2003
New Zealand
www.myspace.com
Hullo.

I have a question, perhaps a fairly random and trivial one. And figured a good place to ask would be here. . .as I've seen it in (older) Amon Amarth photos before, and also Enslaved.

What is the stance/pose/salute(?) where they have one arm extended, fist clenched, and the other with hand clasped over the extended forearm?? Does anyone know if it has a specific meaning or anything like that?

It isn't a salute so much as an acknowledgment or greeting to other Asatru (Norse Pagans). It is intended to resemble the shape of the iconic Mjollnir, or Hammer of Thor, which is almost always depicted with shaft up and head down, similar in appearance to an upside down cross, the grasping of the arm near the elbow is meant to resemble the head of the hammer while the wrist of the other arm is the shaft and finally the other fist the face of the shaft. It is a fairly common greeting among Asatru brethren.

It isn't a salute so much as an acknowledgment or greeting to other Asatru (Norse Pagans). It is intended to resemble the shape of the iconic Mjollnir, or Hammer of Thor, which is almost always depicted with shaft up and head down, similar in appearance to an upside down cross, the grasping of the arm near the elbow is meant to resemble the head of the hammer while the wrist of the other arm is the shaft and finally the other fist the face of the shaft. It is a fairly common greeting among Asatru brethren.
Haha I'm definitely doing that now

can't really picture that, can someone take a pic and point it out?

New one on me, but I'm just an old redneck what hides in the woods. Never know what the cool kids are up to these days.

Nah, old man, I lived in enlightened Europe and I have not seen that either. But you live and learn I guess.

You mean this... ?

amon_amarth_live_2.jpg

I personally think they are asking to be tickled, but that is just the little mischievous imp that I am.

Another one becoming popular is if you wrap your left leg around your right and hold the foot with your left hand whilst saluting with the other whilst wearing a baseball cap backwards.

Xurek reveals his secret ocupation as a Pullyourleghanga Yoga instructor :heh:

That would be the poser asana. :lol::lol: or poser ass-ana.

Metal - using phallic imagery to the point of retaining ambiguous homosexuality, but acting as blatantly homophobic as possible on the outside.

:Smokin: