A viking movie with Amon Amarth soundtrack or even the first growling musical movie?

Metal Ambition

New Metal Member
Sep 29, 2008
Sweden
What about a viking movie with an Amon Amarth soundtrack, would that be a great idea or possibly an act of sacrilege in the eyes of the the metal crowd? Perhaps both? :heh: Although I really think that the manuscript and the cinematic treatment would be the deciding factor. If the story would be up to the music and if the music would be integrated as well as for instance Morricones music in the good the bad the ugly, then i believe that most people would be stunned.

One would have to contemplate whether to go with real actors or animation. If animated the movie would need to look very realistic and imposing but due to technological progress I don't think that will be a great problem in the near future. If one would go with real actors it could still have that pseudo animated feel such as in 300. I bet most people here have seen some of the videos on youtube with amon amarth music to movies such as 300 and gladiator. I believe that the cinematical effect is great.

I'd go for a movie with an Amon Amarth Soundtrack, but only if they composed it especially for the movie.

I'd go for a movie with an Amon Amarth Soundtrack, but only if they composed it especially for the movie.

Never heard of jukebox musicals? :)

If the movie would be about a viking who among other things lost his six year old son, wouldn't "fate of norns" be just perfect for that scene? If one scene were about Thors fight with the midgaard serpent, why write a new tune describing that particular event? But, sure I get your point. Specially written/composed music is always the freshest but I don't think it's necessary to tell a story really well.

Well for those of you who have been paying attention, Marvel has been putting out movies that will eventually lead to a movie about the Avengers. Some of you might also know that Thor was an Avenger. Perhaps Marvel will do a movie to introduce Thor just as they have done for Iron Man and The Hulk.

I know a lot of people here actually practice the Norse religion in one form or another and would find a movie about a super hero Thor to be blasphemous. I don't want to start a holy war with you. I just thought it may be a way to have an Amon Amarth soundtrack or have them participate in one.

I know a lot of people here actually practice the Norse religion in one form or another and would find a movie about a super hero Thor to be blasphemous. I don't want to start a holy war with you. I just thought it may be a way to have an Amon Amarth soundtrack or have them participate in one.

I'm not against it, but I doubt that Amon Amarth's musical style would fit with the movie or the super hero.