The Voice! Nils K Rue of "Pagan's Mind"

CD INZANE

CD INZANE LLC
May 5, 2003
Minneapolis
www.cdinzane.com
Ok, this gave us absolute goose-bumps! Nils K Rue, vocalist with Pagan's Mind and close friend, updated us with this audition of The Voice in Europe!

He provided the world with the word "Atomic Fire" right in the middle of "Run To The Hills"! In the end, he was accepted by two judges and MUST win the million dollar prize (or whatever they get)!

See the video here: http://webtv.tv2.no/webtv/sumo/?progId=739548

Way to KICK MAJOR ASS Nils!

Someone needs to call DC Cooper and get him on the American version.

BTW, another band I was a fan of, Hey Monday, their singer went on the American version. And then won the whole shebang and now has a solo career(Cassaddee Pope). If Nils wins, doesn't that mean he's done with Pagan's Mind?

It finally played for me!

That was awesome. Pagan's Mind should now open for Maiden and Nils should get some guest spots. Talk about win-win situations.

It's good to see Devon Graves got a job as the host. The American version has seasoned professionals as coaches. Who the hell are those four and what could they possibly coach or teach Nils? I bet this audition spurs a couple of metal/prog guys in the US to audition, which would be cool.

Someone needs to call DC Cooper and get him on the American version.

BTW, another band I was a fan of, Hey Monday, their singer went on the American version. And then won the whole shebang and now has a solo career(Cassaddee Pope). If Nils wins, doesn't that mean he's done with Pagan's Mind?

He better not be done with Pagan's Mind. Don't even think that!

I thought professionals weren't allowed for this kind of thing.

The Voice is different. In the American version three of the four winners have had record deals already.

But all three in different projects. Once they won the Voice, they became solo artists. And if the Voice is like any other talent show of this type, contestants agree to sign with a specific company as a solo artist if they win. Thus my question of what Nils is trying to accomplish here. I guess he could be a bigtime solo star and still play with Pagan's Mind.

When I envisioned metal artists doing this show I was thinking more DC Cooper or Roy Khan or Oliver Hartmann, guys who are great voices and currently unattached to any major project. Seeing Nils there when Pagan's Mind is still growing raises question marks.

That was awesome. He nailed it. Wished they had metal on the US version..

Rick Hughes (singer from the 80s Canadian heavy metal band SWORD) sang a Led Zeppelin song on the Quebec version last Spring. Even though he was the best singer compared to all 4 judges there, he got evicted on week #2 I think...

Still, it brought him some exposure to be on a big TV show. It'll be great as well for Nils's career even if he doesn't win.

Rick Hughes (singer from the 80s Canadian heavy metal band SWORD) sang a Led Zeppelin song on the Quebec version last Spring. Even though he was the best singer compared to all 4 judges there, he got evicted on week #2 I think...

Still, it brought him some exposure to be on a big TV show. It'll be great as well for Nils's career even if he doesn't win.

Really? Coolbeans, I'll need to look that up. That's pretty cool but it seems still within the accepted norm, or right at the edge because Led Zeppelin is still a very popular band in the mainstreams eyes. Doing something like Iron Maiden from the metal genre MTV and the rest of contemporary music business has abandoned would be stuff I only seen covered in Europe on these shows. I CANNOT WAIT to see what Nils brings metal wise to the competition! Would be hilarious to see him cover King Diamond wouldn't it? Lol. I'd LOVE for him to do it just to see their faces melt in horror. Figures he got kicked off. Sucks. But then again does it? True. Think the best possible thing one can do is get on the show, if not make it nearer to the end and NOT win. From what I understand they own you and your music if you win. Don't think it's a free million dollars if you know what I mean.

Nils K. Rue & Jan Thore Grefstad - Duelling in The Voice Norway

Last edited by a moderator: