The Vortex's new menu

From their facebook: "Ladies and gentleman! We have a new menu as of today! go to the attached link to check out the changes!"

http://thevortexbarandgrill.com/menus/WebMenu.pdf

ps- The Vortex and 50+ eateries near the venue can be found here.

~Jen

You should seriously put a prog power burger on the menu. 2 big meaty patties for both days, onions and mushrooms for the prog bands, lots of cheese for the power and bacon for the fans!

served with only beer :)

"CHEESY CHEDDAR BALLS
Big balls, little balls, medium balls. Put our
deep-fried, beer-battered balls of cheddar-cheesy
goodness in your mouth."

Well this is officially my favorite restaurant ever.

I don't know if the Carnivorgasm is new (I don't remember it on the menu) but that kind of sounds sounds amazing. Only missing pulled pork imo.

All the years I've come to the festival, and I NEVER once ate there.....Might have to make sure that happenes this year, maybe on Wed.....Maybe I need to get there on Tuesday! :)

I've been intending to check this place out for like 8 years, but still haven't. Maybe I'll get one of these, then keel over just before the show starts! :) ...

THE TRIPLE CORONARY BYPASS (aka THE SUPER STACK)
Made with two half-pound Vortex sirloin patties stacked inside three grilled cheese sandwiches, topped with two
fried eggs, eight slices of American cheese, ten slices of bacon and plenty of mayo on the side. With this
burger we choose your side for you, and it’s a big bowl of fries and tots covered in our cheesy-cheese goo.
This super-stack is a heart attack waiting to happen. Enjoy! (No lettuce, tomato or onion) 26.95

I'm always up for a trip to the Vortex. I probably hit the one in Little Five Points every other time I'm in Atlanta. I prefer there, since I don't have to pay to park in mid town. Plus, the LFP Vortex looks cooler.

It's a pretty damn good burger. I can't honestly tell you where to get a better one in Atlanta, if it exists.

I think I'm going to try and get there this year... the Blue 'Shroom sounds amazing, and I'm an instant fan of any place that'll substitute for beef. Actually, most of that menu sounds great.

I'm always up for a trip to the Vortex. I probably hit the one in Little Five Points every other time I'm in Atlanta. I prefer there, since I don't have to pay to park in mid town. Plus, the LFP Vortex looks cooler.

Aye, that it does.

It's a pretty damn good burger. I can't honestly tell you where to get a better one in Atlanta, if it exists.

The only place that might hold a candle to it is Brick Store in downtown Decatur, but it's a totally different vibe and as I recall, their menu isn't as varied -- nor is it as flat-out funny. :) (Their burgers come across as the kind you might make on a backyard grill, if EVERYTHING came out perfectly.)

One cautionary tale about the Vortex, since this has happened to me twice: I strongly recommend paying cash there, or if you use a card, BE SURE TO KEEP THE RECEIPT.
On two occasions, the transaction posted to my account with an inflated tip (one time it was a $25 tip -- on a bill of about the same amount). After challenging the transaction and faxing a copy of the receipt to my bank, they determined I was right and credited my account, both times. (At the L5P location.)
Just a friendly warning.

"CHEESY CHEDDAR BALLS
Big balls, little balls, medium balls. Put our
deep-fried, beer-battered balls of cheddar-cheesy
goodness in your mouth."

Well this is officially my favorite restaurant ever.

and they are seriously tasty, too - like "death on a platter" tasty. i highly recommend sharing, as they don't generally skimp!

All the years I've come to the festival, and I NEVER once ate there.....Might have to make sure that happenes this year, maybe on Wed.....Maybe I need to get there on Tuesday! :)
i will happily join if you end up going...

of course, being the spoiled brat that i am, i get to head out to the Vortex a few times a year...it never fails to make me happy though :)

I'm going to PP alone this year so if people want to set up a time to meet for dinner, I'll try to make it. Depending how late things go on Thursday, might be a good late night stop after the show. Or maybe dinner beforehand. Friday and Saturday are pretty packed to fit it in.

fantastic place.

I always get that Yokohomamama burger or whatever its called.

Burger+Swiss Cheese+Pinapple Circle+Teriyaki sauce+toasted bun=Win.

Aaron says he wants to try the Carnivorgasm. Patrick (hoyt's kid) had the elvis burger and said it was just ridiculous.

The Yokohomamama burger is what I usually get as well. Just amazing...

Paul, thanks for the place in Decatur. I might have to swing by there sometime this summer. Sounds good. You are also not the first person that I've heard say something about the tip inflation. I would definitely get up in someone's face the next time I went back. I've not had it happen to my knowledge, but then again, I'll admit I rarely have looked back on charges. Cash is a good idea though...I know most waiters prefer it anyway.

and they are seriously tasty, too - like "death on a platter" tasty. i highly recommend sharing, as they don't generally skimp!

i will happily join if you end up going...

of course, being the spoiled brat that i am, i get to head out to the Vortex a few times a year...it never fails to make me happy though :)

Deal! If there's time to (diablo)swing it! :D

I can have Pastry bring you something when he brings me my lunch.

I just might take you up on this! :) Will have the menu, and will bring it up as the fest draws closer! Thanks!