Hate the current Facebook

Another thing that bugs the hell out of me is when apps or programs force you to update.

Jesus yes, this has been grinding my gears since early day MSN. Every new version just added more clusters of bullshit. I ended up using three third-party plugins just to make it somewhat resemble the original. Don't fix it if it ain't broken :erk:

It's a hoax. Tinfoil hat response.

Yeah it's a hoax. If the US wasn't so litigious companies wouldn't have to have ridiculous ToS and then no one would have anything to freak out about.

The big reason why all of these websites get bigger and bulkier over time is that the idea comes first and the monetization comes second. So when these things first launch it's all about the product but with each iteration they by necessity become increasingly about the profit. Monetization is also an ever evolving thing for websites so companies have to grow and adapt.
TBH, facebook is less concerning to me than all of the Buzzfeed stuff I see where the article is literally just a product ad paraded as content.

As far as YT goes, I used to managed a university project through the beta of YT's live streaming and it was a nightmare b/c they were constantly "improving" so any documentation or best practices had to be rewritten once a month. Then again, it's hard to complain about free.

edit: Another thing that bugs the hell out of me is when apps or programs force you to update. The new Skype app is so terrible that after I was forced to update it on my tablet I deinstalled it. Use it only on the laptop now. The app has a horrible design that makes you lose all the functionality.

There's even worse IMO : every other app on my iphone thinks it's worth updating every other week. Result is you just constantly have to update apps by dozens. It should be prohibited to push updates unless for security reasons more than a fixed frequency. I have this app on my macbook called xmarks which calls for an update every week or two, which needs a download of an executable which I need to launch and then delete myself. Annoying as fuck, and so far, I don't see any visible improvement when I update it.

Following the same idea, it's the only thing I don't like about reaper : too many updates, too fast. If only you could update from within the daw transparently !

It's really infuriating when the apps in my phone start getting slower and slower from the constant updating. Fucking whatsapp told me to update or can't use. Facebook, youtube and even fucking Tinder are slow as shit now when they were snappy and perfect before. That mobile version of YouTube is stupid as fuck, at least in my xperia I can't copy the video links and that small window the main screen it becomes is really annoying, I can't see NSFW shit because I have to slide my finger multiple times plus the freaking lag it makes now so no one sees it. I hate it because I'm usually a generation of phones back and when I get a faster phone the exact thing happens. The apps and the OS becomes slower and you're forced to upgrade. What stupid bullshit.

Yeah, stupid sheeple. With you sheppish sheep baaaa ways. You are not ready for the nonsheepbaaaaa truth. Stupids.

That mobile version of YouTube is stupid as fuck

Oh yes. Just misses core functions and looks stupid. At my devices videos never load with the first attempt. I have to click multiple time that the video even starts playing. Always some bullshit error.
On my phone I use facebook only via the browser, it's good that way.