"The Walking Dead" Thread

I can't believe what gore/language they are getting away with also...

This is something I found interesting. I looked into this a few years back when comedy central was playing unrated versions of movies at like midnight or something on south park was just like, really? It turns out that since the tv networks are privately funded and arent available on basic cable that they can pretty much show whatever they want as long as there is the little rating int he top right. They just dont try to go to far in inappropriate time slots or during certain tv shows.

srry 2 interfere.......!

Katatonia + (I once had a girl, or should I say ). The connect will give you a tour's name. Name the tour

Here's my prediction: Michael Rooker's character (the name escapes me) will come back next season as the Governor (if you read the books you know who I'm talking about). He's too good an actor to waste on a one-off appearance, and now he has a grudge with Rick.

You know, I had the same thought. It would be a slight alteration of the character but they are very, very close and it would be a nice set up.

I'm even more convinced after last night's episode. Merl is gone and he's lost a hand. That's going to come back on Rick in a big way down the road.

Did anyone else recognize Merl as Grant from Slither?

Or am I the only one who watches cheesy horror movies?

Andrew Lincoln interview

Andrew Lincoln (Rick Grimes of ‘The Walking Dead’) marvels over good fortune

11:28 am December 3, 2010, by Rodney Ho

42742805-42742809-large.jpg

An image of Andrew Lincoln as Rick Grimes from this Sunday's season one finale, which is shot inside the former Sci-Trek museum space with exteriors of Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre masquerading as the CDC.

Until a few weeks ago, Andrew Lincoln was a successful actor in England best known in the United States for a role in “Love Actually” a few years back. Then “The Walking Dead” dropped in his lap. Now as the lead character, the determined cop Rick Grimes, he’s on the cover of Entertainment Weekly. The magazine dubbed the zombie drama “the best new show on TV.”
“Even in my wildest dreams, I never envisioned this,” said Lincoln, in an exuberant interview earlier this week. “It’s kind of rare when everybody gets the gist of the show and has the same excitement and enthusiasm you have. We’re all kind of emailing and Skyping each other and just pinching ourselves.”
The series, shot during the summer in Atlanta and based on a series of graphic novels, opened at a surprisingly robust 5.3 million on Halloween. Its fifth episode last Sunday hit a series high 5.6 million. These are double the numbers of AMC’s heralded “Mad Men” and better than many network shows.
Unfortunately for AMC, there are only six episodes to open the first season. Next year, expect 13.
When publicizing the show before it launched, many folks joked about how ridiculously hot it was in Atlanta. Lincoln himself had lost weight for the role and lost even more because of the outdoor shoots in punishing 90-plus degree weather. “I probably shouldn’t say this but I had a great time out there,” the Brit said. “We just hope it’s not another record-breaking hot year next year.”
The season one finale this Sunday was primarily shot inside the former Sci-Trek space downtown at the Atlanta Civic Center masquerading as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The outdoor portions were shot at the Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre.
It was the only one of the six episodes in which the actors were in air conditioning. “We used to walk around joking, ‘I’m not sweaty enough! We’re not hot enough!” Lincoln said. “We felt like rats trapped in this sterile environment. We were used to grunging it up in the countryside.”
Not to give too much away, but Grimes & Co. may soon been leaving Atlanta proper into more rural areas to get away from the high concentrations of zombies. “But I’m loathe to pre-empt what [executive producer] Frank [Darabont] and the team have in store. Frank’s written this exquisite thing. I’ll do whatever he says!”
While they were here for more than two months to shoot six episodes this past summer, a 13-episode shoot should take five or six months next year. Lincoln can’t wait to put on the cop uniform and play Grimes again.

entertainment-weekly-cover.jpg

“He’s driven by this instinct to protect,” he said. In Sunday’s episode, “you realize how tautly wound this guy is. He has a public face he has to keep up as the leader. People look up to him. That puts undue pressure on him. He needs to keep moving. He needs a mission or a goal or he’ll die. Some characters just give up. I think having a family is vital to keeping him going, to give him momentum. He has to look after them. ”
In a later press conference, Lincoln said he was unaware of Darabont’s decision to possibly drop the writing staff and rely on freelancers, news broken earlier in the week by deadline.com. He said he implicitly trusts Darabont.
Robert Kirkman, who created the graphic novels and is actively involved with the TV series, clarified the issue a bit in TV Guide, saying any news about how the writing staff will be configured is premature.

On TV
“The Walking Dead,” season finale, 10 p.m. AMC Sunday

LINK

'The Walking Dead' finale breaks ratings records

The ratings for "The Walking Dead's" just-ended first season have been such that perhaps AMC is wishing that it had lasted more than just six weeks.
The anticipation for the season finale garnered six million viewers, according to the network, and it received the highest ratings of any basic cable show, ever, in the all-important 18-49 demographic.
To put those numbers into perspective, October's season finale of "Mad Men" had an audience of 2.44 million, according to TVbytheNumbers.com.

(On the other hand, that 18-49 number is very important, because the New York Post reported in 2007 that a post-"High School Musical 2" episode of "Hannah Montana," with much of its audience under 18, averaged 10.7 million viewers.)
As hot as "The Walking Dead" is, it's not quite to the level of some episodes of "The Sopranos" final season, which on two occasions had around 13 million viewers.
Still, the network says that "The Walking Dead's" average 18-49 viewership of 3.5 million for this season makes it the most watched drama series in basic cable history in the demographic.
The big question is, now that the show has grown beyond its core fanbase, will the "Dead-heads" tune in once again next Halloween (the likely start date for season two), despite the long wait? What do you think? Share your comments below.

Love the first season. I'll admit I had no idea about the comic books, but I really liked it. Looking forward to the next season!

Here's my prediction: Michael Rooker's character (the name escapes me) will come back next season as the Governor (if you read the books you know who I'm talking about). He's too good an actor to waste on a one-off appearance, and now he has a grudge with Rick.

Darabont already mentioned in an interview that Merele wont be the Governor. Thomas Jane actually came out and said in an interview that he would love to play the part.

I really hope that things get back on track. The first season had its ups and downs.

Darabont already mentioned in an interview that Merele wont be the Governor. Thomas Jane actually came out and said in an interview that he would love to play the part.

I really hope that things get back on track. The first season had its ups and downs.

That's too bad. Rooker would have been great in the role. You know they have to bring him back at some point.

I'm ready for the prison, and more than ready to see Michonne!

That's too bad. Rooker would have been great in the role. You know they have to bring him back at some point.

I'm ready for the prison, and more than ready to see Michonne!

I think Thomas Jane would be even better. Rooker's character isnt bright enough to be the Gov.

I see merele coming back early next season at a real bad time to. It will be in one of those moments where they dont need anything else bad happening to them and he will pop up. I am looking forward to having 13 episodes next year....at least things wont be rushed.

I agree....the Prison is going to be great once they get there.

AJC article

Zombies take over Henry County highway

Ga. 20 near Atlanta Motor Speedway is closed for filming of "The Walking Dead"

By Mike Morris
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

A zombie alert has been posted for a stretch of Ga. 20 in southern Henry County. That’s right, a zombie alert.

Enlarge photo

WSB-TV

A stretch of Ga. 20 in Henry County is being used for a scene in the TV show "The Walking Dead." Here, a wreck is being staged on Monday for the movie.

Traffic is being detoured off the highway in both directions at East Main Street near the Atlanta Motor Speedway for the filming of the AMC television series, “The Walking Dead.”
The detour, which began on Sunday, will be in place through 9 p.m. on Thursday, according to Kimberly Larson, a spokeswoman for the state Department of Transportation.
“We had to put the detour in place for them to be able to stage all the scenes that they needed to throughout that area,” Larson said.
She said that there are message boards, signs, barrels and cones set up to channel motorists through the detour area. The DOT had issued a press release saying the highway would be closed for road work, but Lawson said that was just to deter people from showing up to watch filming.
Chris Lucas in the AM 750 and now 95.5 FM News/Talk WSB Traffic Center said he flew over the detour during the Monday morning commute, and the closure of Ga. 20 was causing no backups.
But Channel 2 Action News reporter Carol Sbarge talked with one motorist who was not happy about the road closure.
“It's a big inconvenience," Demond Williams told her. "I live right off of 20 so for me to go to McDonough, where I work, I have to go all the way around through Clayton, which is extra gas.”
"The Walking Dead," which is filming its second season, is about a sheriff who wakes up in an empty hospital after weeks in a coma, finding himself alone after the world as he knows it was ravaged by a zombie epidemic.
The show is based on Robert Kirkman’s comic book series.
Shot on location in Atlanta, the show’s second season is set to debut in October.
Movie and television filming is a sight metro Atlantans should be becoming used to by now.
Georgia now ranks in the top five states for film and TV production; more than 274 projects have been shot in the state since July 2010, the Associated Press reported.
In addition to "The Walking Dead," projects filmed in the state include "X-Men: First Class," a remake of "Footloose," "The Change-Up" starring Ryan Reynolds and Jason Bateman, "Wanderlust" with Jennifer Anniston and Paul Rudd, MTV's "Teen Wolf" and the Discovery Channel's "Auction Kings," AP reported.
The economic impact of the filming is estimated at $2.1 billion.

Zombies headed north from Henry County to Cobb

By Mike Morris

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Hide your kids, hide your wives; the zombies are heading north.

Enlarge photo

A stretch of Ga. 20 in Henry County was used for a scene in the TV show "The Walking Dead." Here, a wreck was staged on Monday for the movie.

Enlarge photo

AMC This scene from the TV series "The Walking Dead" was filmed in Atlanta and aired last October.

Zombies in Cobb County

The AMC television series “The Walking Dead,” which has spent most of this week filming in Henry County, will be shooting scenes in the Vinings area of Cobb County on Monday.
According to a notice sent by the management of the Riverwood 100 office building to tenants, the intersection of Cobb Parkway and Riverwood Parkway, which is just south of Akers Mill Road, will be closed to through traffic from 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Monday “to accommodate scenes being filmed.”
The building’s management firm also warned tenants that “simulated gunfire will be taking place during the filming of these scenes as actors are confronted by a horde of zombies.”
“The Walking Dead,” which is filming its second season, is about a sheriff who wakes up in an empty hospital after weeks in a coma, finding himself alone after the world as he knows it was ravaged by a zombie epidemic.
Shot on location in metro Atlanta, the show’s second season is set to debut in October.
Authorities in Henry County shut down a stretch of Ga. 20 near the Atlanta Motor Speedway this week for filming of scenes that included one involving a simulated massive multi-car wreck.
This week’s shooting caused no major traffic jams, but the scenes were shot in a mostly rural area of southern Henry County.
Monday’s filming will take place in the heart of suburbia, in an area crammed with office parks, retail centers and apartments, so plan on the possibility of traffic tie-ups in the area.

That reminds me, I need to finish watching S1 - I got the whole season for $5 on Amazon at xmas and have only watched the first ep. Meant to finish watching another series first, and forgot about it in the meantime...

I was going to watch the entire first season when a Walking Dead marathon was aired a few months ago. And my cable died 30 minutes into the first episode, and didn't return until 3 hours later. So I still haven't seen this show. :(