The "What's Going On in this Album Cover?" Thread

Zephyrus

Tyrants and Slaves
Jan 18, 2006
Maine or Iowa
As the title says, this thread is designed to figure out what we're looking at when we see some of these cryptic album covers that seem very common in metal.

Post images of the covers and, if its not easily discernible on the cover, the band and artist. Try not to be an ass and post something blatantly obvious.

I'll start with a few covers I haven't quite yet figured out...

B00006FIAX.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Deathspell Omega - Kenose
deathspellken.jpg

22291.jpg

02_superior_massacre.jpg

demiserepressweb.jpg

The Dark Tranquility one kinda looks like a hand clenching a heart maybe (?) and is obviously called "Damage Done." Don't know for sure, not really a fan of them.

And the Nachtmystium just looks like a forest of dying trees with one tree being in focus or 'glorified', and well, the album is called "Demise". I guess it symbolizes the death of something maybe...

I don't know what Kénôse means but it has three tracks, and there is three images on it. Their music is slightly bizarre sometimes, perhaps like the images.

What is the last one, band-wise? I can't figure out the name, let alone the artwork (which is very cool).

Nevermind, Ars answered that.

umm the dark tranquillity one is a guy bending over and clutching his head while blood spurts out of it its pretty clear :I

I know it's not a metal band, but the cover is wierd -
41NN5XRV27L._SS500_.jpg

(ignore the white bit around the edges... No idea where that came from...

The front cover image comes from an edition of the Cambridge Encyclopedia of Astronomy, and was originally drawn with black lines on a white background. [1] It presents exactly 100 successive pulses from the first pulsar discovered, PSR 1919+21 (often referred to in the context of this album by its older name, CP 1919).

The front cover image comes from an edition of the Cambridge Encyclopedia of Astronomy, and was originally drawn with black lines on a white background. [1] It presents exactly 100 successive pulses from the first pulsar discovered, PSR 1919+21 (often referred to in the context of this album by its older name, CP 1919).
Thanks for that! I had been puzzling that for ages.