The "What's Going On in this Album Cover?" Thread

God damn it. Originally linked it from M-A forgetting about their policy. So I found a new one and it doesn't work. :(

It's Carcass - Heartwork

carcass-heartwork.jpg

I've been trying to figure this one out for a while. I just can't figure out what the hell is going on in this picture >:[ Sorry it's such a monster to load, I couldn't be bothered with converting it to a jpg or cropping out the song title in iTunes :3

picture1rl0.png

What do you think about this? I tried to figure it out, but didn't work. I may need your help.

Less extreme than cricifying him for the same reason, TBH :[

:lol:, fair point... although in the album cover it looks like he is already being hanged, perhaps I got the wrong end of the stick and they are just putting him out of his misery. With a album name like Antichrist, this doesn't seem too likely though.

binarycacheservletoa8.jpg
Agalloch - Ashes Against The Grain
mourningbelsullenji5.jpg
- Mourning Beloveth - The Sullen Sulcus
mydyingbrideturnloosethsp8.jpg
- My Dying Bride - Turn Loose The Swans

Anyone got any idea with any of these...

The Agalloch one is fairly easy, it is a charred bird falling down from the skies. Seeing as how the major themes of the album involve "blood birds" and burning it is a pretty easy connection to make I think.

I've got nothing on this one

Thessera.jpg

Well, the cover for the Myrkskog album cover at the beginning of the thread looks like the Grim Reaper looming over you slightly (to me anyway). Large hood covering up what has hints of a skeletal face, as well as a sickle held in front of him

My faves of all time-
Candlemass- Ancient Dreams
Sepultura- Beneath the remains
Maiden- Somewhere in time
Morbid Angel- Blessed are the sick
Dismember- Massive killing capacity