The what's going on in Thrash thread

This is kind of freaky

The 90s and 00s music didn't age well. Maybe Flotsam and Jetsam should do more medley's of songs live?

What are your top thrash releases this year?

Keep going back to Destruction's new one. Need to give the new Megadeth more listens but when I listen to it I just want to put on Peace Sells or Countdown to Extinction instead. :lol:

The 90's and 00's faces didn't age well either :)

For something goofy I'll go with Lawnmower Deth. I still like the new Megadeth but doubt it will be AOTY. Razor, I thought was better than some of the reviews I've read and I'm still processing the new albums from Terraphobia and Tankard.

I've probably played Megadethe and Kreator the most though.

Reactions: zerostatic
Yeah I gave up on Toxik.
Revocation isn't bad from the few listens I gave it. Critical Defiance and Plague Years also had releases I need to check out more thoroughly and from memory Evil Invaders and Schizophrenia both had good releases from early in the year which I need to revisit.

I like Revocation's new one but consider them more of a death metal act. I should give the Critical Defiance and Evil Invaders more listens. I have given the new Municipal Waste a lot of spins and while it is fun it is not memorable.

Reactions: Slammed
Yeah Revocation probably are more death than straight thrash, I was just looking at what I'd listened to lately.
I agree with Muni Waste, and I kind of think Critical Defiance will turn out the same, good but not overly memorable. Evil Invaders while also good is not quite the same as what made them known and has taken a bit more to get into as I get out of the "Pulses Of Pleasure and Feed Me Violence" mindset I was used to.
New Korrosive came out yesterday and after one listen I am going back for more when I get a chance.
And of course there is the new Ellefson-Soto album!!!

Maybe I should be more open minded but I have zero interest in listening to the new Ellefson album.

The updates from Anthrax on their tour of the UK all looked positive. At least the pictures showed full houses! Setlist.fm from the tour shows a lot of the old songs being played, including all the cover songs like Antisocial:lol: Looks like they aren't playing anything from the most recent album, which is a shame. :confused:

Have you heard the new Exmortus single, Oathbreaker? News is they signed with Nuclear Blast, but no new details about their next album yet.

That new Riot City album is also worth checking out if you are looking for some some heavy/speed metal! :kickass:

I don't see any reason to be that open minded. I gave it a chance because I had no idea who Soto was and thought it was worth at least one listen. I still don't know who Soto is but he's a fucking terrible singer.

Anthrax talk a lot about the last album but they give it so little love in favour of their classic hits. I understand they are songs people know but it's almost like they are saying people don't know their new songs.

I haven't heard Exmortus. I think I read about the new song but forgot to go back and listen. I'll have to check it out. I also forgot to go back and listen to the new Xentirix song which was released in the last few days.

I listened to Riot City. I don't mind their music, whether it's as good as their first album I'm not sure, but it's not bad.

What I just watched looked okay, I'll have to watch more later.
They don't sound too bad for a cover band, although I do think they could have chosen a better name.

I saw a headline with him listed as Journey singer yesterday, but I'm still none the wiser as to what he sounds like in other bands. However if his previous stuff is anything like his singing with Jnr then I certainly wont be jumping on his band wagon. I believe the Ellefson-Soto album was mainly written before the Jnr incident, I think it was even due for release last year some time. From what I heard it should have stayed unreleased.

Reactions: TempleOfBlood
It's such a silly name. I didn't mind their live set of Megadeth stuff and I don't really care if they make new music, but geez get rid of the name.

Reactions: TempleOfBlood
muppets-statler-and-waldorf.gif