The what's going on in Thrash thread

I see Kreator and Testament are doing a tour together, (might be South America), If both bands brought their best to the night it would be an amazing show I'd reckon.

Reactions: zerostatic
That is a killer lineup.:kickass: I am seeing Kreator next month as they support Mercyful Fate on a North American tour. The last time I saw Kreator was on their tour for Hordes of Chaos with support from Exodus and Warbringer.

Reactions: Slammed
Kreator have only toured here twice from memory, once with Vadar and once with Death Angel. With Vadar it was around the time of Satan Is Real so I wouldn't have gone based on that song :)

I'm interested to see what King Diamond is promising for next years tour. He's stated that it wont be like anything ever seen before. Hopefully they aren't just words and he really does have something big planned. I doubt he'll bring it down here but it will be good to see something different.

Kreator live is always worth seeing!

I last saw King Diamond in 2014 or 2015 and he mentioned releasing a new album during the show. Still waiting nearly a decade later.:popcorn: King does show more appreciation for fans than most bands so I respect that.

Angrymetalguy blog named new Toxik as album of the month.
https://www.angrymetalguy.com/records-o-the-month-august-2022/

I don't know who he is.

All that it takes these days to be an online "critic"/"music journalist" is free time.

I assume people are just happy that the album is out and loved the band from back in the day. I seriously doubt the release will age well once fanboys sober up. It's by far the worst release they've ever done, including their 2 EPs and the new songs they had on their re-recordings album.

I wanted to listen to SFSGSW so instead of getting out the CD I just dialled up YT and clicked on the first link. The link is from Megadeth's own page but I've never heard this before. I guess because I rarely buy remixed, remastered albums if I own the original I am a bit behind but to me this 'remastered' version sucks. Not the music, or the songs or the production, the extra sounds that have been added to it. There seems to be 'try-hard' eerie voices in several of the songs which are obviously Dave, but they sound so crappy. I'm glad I don't by remasters if this is what people get.

Edit: It doesn't seem to be posting the entire album playlist and I CBF looking into why, but the extra sounds, this time instruments, are even on this track. At least I think they are and it;s notjsut old man memory failing me.

Like you mentioned I have a lot of the original recordings of the early albums. The first time I listened to the remastered version of Rust in Peace on Spotify I remember thinking, "What the fuck is this?" :lol:

Controversial opinion alert: I prefer if bands go the Exodus route and rerecord the whole album for a rerelease like they did with Bonded by Blood and Let There Be Blood.

Listening to SFSGSW it feels to me like they've added extra instruments and sounds just to make sure people know it's different. They add zero to the classic album.

I have the studio desk recording of RIP where every instrument is in a separate file, vox separate and fills separate. It's not something I'd get for every album because it's not what you'd listen to when you want to hear RIP, but it's better than that remastered version of SFSGSW.

I totally agree that the new Megadeth reissues are far inferior to the original, especially with those terrible vocals that Dave re-recorded for Rust in Peace!

The big exception here is that the cleaned-up first reissue of KIMB sounds AMAZING and is the definitive version.

Yeah I think it sucks when bands go and back and look at 20 year old albums with fresh eyes, claim there was mistakes and then try to redo shit. A lot of remasters are only done for an extra cash injection, many are even done without the band's input, but there is a reason the older albums are classics

I was watching Yoga Hosers, (2nd movie in another Kevin Smith trilogy) yesterday. No point watching it if you're not a Kevin Smith fan, and if you are a fan you've seen it all before. But the opening credits feature Kevin's daughter and Johnny Deep's daughter, playing as Glamthrax, doing their version of I'm The Man. Scott and Charlie really should take note, firstly a piss take horror movie has made a piss taken version of their shitty song, and secondly the piss take, despite not being that great, is better than Anthrax have done it for years.

Saw Mercyful Fate, Kreator and Midnight the other night! Mercyful Fate was amazing and played for a solid 90+ minutes! The moshpit and amount of crowdsurfers was surprising for them! :kickass: Kreator played for about 40 minutes and sounded great. Mille looks like he has put on some weight, but who hasn't? :lol: They promised a return in 2023 on a headline tour. Midnight were alright but kinda one note. For their last song they brought out a rough looking stripper to dance/twerk. :lol: