Thrash Metal

Jan 27, 2006
Sweden
Hi There Thrash-metallers...:headbang:

I've searched for great Thrash metal bands/records for years...and i think i've listened to the most of the famous bands out there...

The best thrash is off course old Testament....and First Strike Still Deadly is the best metal album ever along with Master of puppets...
But after old Metallica and Testament the thrash almost ends!...
There are some other great records...to name a few...
Slayer - Reign in blood (only fantastic record by them), Sepultura - Arise...also some Megadeth & Anthrax songs are ok, and Cowboys from hell are quite nice...but not compared to Justice for all and The New Order stuff...

Latest i checked out Annihilator again, and i must say their new stuff are REALLY GREAT...made a mix from their two latest records..here is the songlist for you who don't usually listen to them:
01 Rage Absolute 02 Pride 03 All For You 04 Drive
05 Both Of Me 06 Warbird 07 Weapon X 08 Invite It
09 Too Far Gone 10 Maximum Satan 11 Dr. Psycho 12 Schizo Deluxe
(i don' realy like their old shit)

(other bands that i've checked out but didn't lite that much::::Kreator, Metal Church, Death Angel, Over Kill, Exodus...I know many of those are Thrash-heros...but they aren't the Metallica-type-thrash...)

If you want some new fresh modern thrash you should check out the Swedish band DARKANE...some realy fast powerful songs...10times better than In Flames

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Could you guys on this board recommand your favourite bands/records, (that aren't pop-thrash...and NOT death metal like Demonic...) for me tho check out!
(and finally Sweden will hopefully win the Olympic Games in Hockey!:Spin: )

See Ya!

>If you want some new fresh modern thrash you should check out the Swedish band
>DARKANE...some realy fast powerful songs...10times better than In Flames

10 times zero is still zero, isn't it ?!?!?! ;)

Coroner are a very fine (thrash) band especially their last two records, so that would be my advice if you are an open minded thrash fan and of course the mighty Exhorder

pennywiseignite said:
Hi There Thrash-metallers...:headbang:

I've searched for great Thrash metal bands/records for years...and i think i've listened to the most of the famous bands out there...

The best thrash is off course old Testament....and First Strike Still Deadly is the best metal album ever along with Master of puppets...
But after old Metallica and Testament the thrash almost ends!...
There are some other great records...to name a few...
Slayer - Reign in blood (only fantastic record by them), Sepultura - Arise...also some Megadeth & Anthrax songs are ok, and Cowboys from hell are quite nice...but not compared to Justice for all and The New Order stuff...

Latest i checked out Annihilator again, and i must say their new stuff are REALLY GREAT...made a mix from their two latest records..here is the songlist for you who don't usually listen to them:
01 Rage Absolute 02 Pride 03 All For You 04 Drive
05 Both Of Me 06 Warbird 07 Weapon X 08 Invite It
09 Too Far Gone 10 Maximum Satan 11 Dr. Psycho 12 Schizo Deluxe
(i don' realy like their old shit)

(other bands that i've checked out but didn't lite that much::::Kreator, Metal Church, Death Angel, Over Kill, Exodus...I know many of those are Thrash-heros...but they aren't the Metallica-type-thrash...)

If you want some new fresh modern thrash you should check out the Swedish band DARKANE...some realy fast powerful songs...10times better than In Flames

Could you guys on this board recommand your favourite bands/records, (that aren't pop-thrash...and NOT death metal like Demonic...) for me tho check out!
(and finally Sweden will hopefully win the Olympic Games in Hockey!:Spin: )

See Ya!

If you think Demonic is Death Metal then I suggest you check out some real Death Metal and then compare the two. As for Darkane, an OK band, but certainly nothing great, gone down hill of late. If you like Darkane you might want to check out Soilwork or Dark Tranquility.

From you post and the old bands you like/dislike it sounds like you expect (and want) your thrash to be Metallica and nothing else. Just a small point, Metallica are not the sum of all the parts of thrash.

Personally I would recommend Kreator - Enemy of God, one of the best thrash releases of the last few years. Other than that, with your qualifiers and filters I think it might prove hard to recommend anything to you.

Thanx!...

no i don't want all thrash to be Metallica, that's why i wanted more bands in the same genre...and i know that Demonic isn't 100% Death Metal, but to much for me to be great thrash...

The latest Kreator recording are sweat, also Revolution are a nice record...

...and yes Exhorder are fatastic!

more???? \m/

Check Overkill, Death Angel, Forbidden, Defiance, Heathen, Mekong Delta, Mordred, Cyclone Temple, Deathrow and Laaz Rockit if you don't know their music.

Thrash metal bands that I still like to this day are:

Metallica (first 5 albums)
Testament
Overkill
Megadeth
Death (not thrash but thought they deserved a mention)
Slayer (first 5 albums)
Sepultura (up to Arise, Chaos AD was OK but stopped buying anything after that)
Pantera (stopped buying anything after Trendkill and got to be in the mood for them now except Cowboys from Hell)

I tried Anthrax and only liked Spreading the Disease, Kreator have certain songs I still like, Metal Church's The Human Factor is cool, Exodus did nothing for me except some stuff from Force of Habit and I appreciate that is not their classic period.

i thought and justice for all basically sucked ass besides the song and justice for all, one, and maybe eye of the beholder&harvester of sorrow that album fucked sucks

yea metallica definetely helped define thrash back in the day but are by no means your typical thrash band...

I'll go with High priest of evil and also recommend vio-lence for thrash :D

but pennywise probably won't like 'em, you should maybe check out machine head - burn my eyes & through the ashes of empires

and yes annihilator is awesome :D

DoubleOKevin11 said:
i thought and justice for all basically sucked ass besides the song and justice for all, one, and maybe eye of the beholder&harvester of sorrow that album fucked sucks

Suggest you go back and listen to Dyer's Eve, for many the outstanding track on AJFA. Also Blackened is another top track. One, Eye and Harvester were ok IMO.

Exactly! Wyrd1!
...blackened are top 5 metallica songs ever...and Dyers Eve is so underrated!...
(One overrated? - i think so a little!)....

SWEDEN - Gold medal in Hockey!!!

pennywiseignite said:
Exactly! Wyrd1!
...blackened are top 5 metallica songs ever...and Dyers Eve is so underrated!...
(One overrated? - i think so a little!)....

SWEDEN - Gold medal in Hockey!!!

"One" over-rated, a tad, over-played certainly.