Testament -- Thrash Metal Kings

hiddenlegions

DISCIPLE
Sep 21, 2002
So Cal
Visit site
Got this off of Blabbermouth , nice to finally see our band get some god damn recongnition. I don't see how Kittie or Slipknot are Thrash Metal , but at least Testament is getting the respect they deserve.

Thrash Metal Memorabilia Sought By Makers Of Documentary - Aug. 19, 2003
The makers of the upcoming documentary profiling the thrash metal scene of the early Eighties and its impact on the music since are looking for help and contributions from longtime metal fans everywhere. "We are looking for thrash fan memorabilia such as concert flyers, promo posters, old thrash magazine covers (ie: Metal Forces), classic ticket stubs & concert t-shirts, photos of you and or your friends in your best metal attire, photos of thrash artists etc." reads a post on the filmmakers' web site. "If you have anything along these lines that relates to the thrash scene, e-mail us at rick@getthrashed.com. If you need your stuff back, make sure you include your name, e-mail & mailing addresses, phone number you can be reached at and the articles you have that you want to contribute to the show. If we use your stuff you'll get to see it on air as well as see your name in the credits. We really want you guys to be a part of the documentary so take a second to e-mail us and be a part of it all."

As previously reported, METALLICA, SLAYER, GODSMACK, DISTURBED, ANTHRAX, SLIPKNOT, KITTIE, TESTAMENT, OVERKILL, VOIVOD and MESHUGGAH are among the featured bands in the documentary, which is tentatively due before the end of the year. The brainchild of director Rick Ernst, a long-time freelance producer for MTV, the film will include interviews, live performances and archival footage.

If I had any great Memorabilia I sure the hell wouldn't trust mailing it to someone I don't know. What if he steals it, or if he is honest I still wouldn't want to take the chance of losing it in the mail. That would be a real kick in the teeth. A colour photocopy or photo I consider but not original flyers, tickets etc.

~I can see how people would see current Sepultura as "nu", but they have more in common with Hardcore these days. When Max left they moved away from the infamous "Roots" sound and tried more of a Chaos AD meets melody sound... plus they still write and play fast and aggressive songs. Go after Max's Stirfry if you want to be disgusted.

~And of course leave it to eMpTyV to misunderstand what thrash is. Godsmack? Disturbed? Slipknot? Kittie? No one in those bands even had pubes when thrash was in it's prime. Tool is more deserving of mention there as they used to be thrash.

Akumojo Dracula X3 said:
~I can see how people would see current Sepultura as "nu", but they have more in common with Hardcore these days. When Max left they moved away from the infamous "Roots" sound and tried more of a Chaos AD meets melody sound... plus they still write and play fast and aggressive songs. Go after Max's Stirfry if you want to be disgusted.

~And of course leave it to eMpTyV to misunderstand what thrash is. Godsmack? Disturbed? Slipknot? Kittie? No one in those bands even had pubes when thrash was in it's prime. Tool is more deserving of mention there as they used to be thrash.

Tool ? eh

actually, godsmack, disturbed, slipknot and kittie are all in the documentary being interviewed as FANS. i was appalled when i saw their names in the list of thrash bands until i heard this bit of info.

OLDEST Sepultura: Bestial Devastation and Morbid Visions = death metal

OLD Sepultura: Schizophrenia, Beneath the Remains, Arise = thrash metal

NEW Selloutura: Chaos AD and forward = nu metal shit!

Ive got tons of old rare as fuck vinyl, guitar picks, magazines, flyers, t shirts etc Ill have to email this dude but only sending him Kreator, Possessed, Destruction, Nuclear Assault, Venom, Dark Angel and Exodus stuff hehehe!

HUNGER OF THE UNDEAD said:

Ive got tons of old rare as fuck vinyl, guitar picks, magazines, flyers, t shirts etc Ill have to email this dude but only sending him Kreator, Possessed, Destruction, Nuclear Assault, Venom, Dark Angel and Exodus stuff hehehe!

that pretty much hits it dead on

~Oh yeah it's a wonder why they didn't hit the big time with such pop/alt-rock favorites as...

Against
Reza
Drowned Out
Hatred Aside
Revolt
Human Cause

~Just what pop radio wants to hear right? Signing a record deal is selling out, playing the music you want to play is not.

HUNGER OF THE UNDEAD said:

Arise and Chaos AD were so similair in sound. How did you choose to draw the line right there? Nu Metal was about 2-3 years away when Chaos AD was made anyway. You might be able to convince some old Sepultura fans that Roots was a departure from their deathrash sound - but Chaos AD sure as shit ain't no fucking nu metal album.