The what's going on in Thrash thread

one man

Jul 4, 2002
Poland
Visit site
Inspired by the F&J discussion in the "Next Testament CD" thread (I wouldn't have known they have a new album out, if I hadn't read it there) and the lack of time to keep up with what's happening in the Thrash metal world, I figured we could have a thread devoted to it here.

It'd be nice to have a place to get information about new or upcoming releases from some of the good old bands. There's been so many reunions and new break-ups that I don't even know who's around and who's not. Of course, I'm thinking about bands a little more obscure than Slayer, Kreator or OverKill, which are getting enough publicity to reach even the laziest Thrash fan.

So, to begin with - I have just found out ANACRUSIS are working on a new album (they released a re-recording of their first two albums recently, but this new one is supposed to be original material). So far a rough pre-production demo has been posted on YT:

POWERMAD released a single last year:

but I haven't heard any info about the new album. In the meantime, they seem to be enjoying playing "Nice Dreams" live:

Poland's Wolf Spider has reunited and is working on new material and touring (or at least was last time I checked). They've also shot a new video for an older song:

Finally, I strongly recommend that anyone who gets the chance go and see the mighty CORONER live. No hopes for a new album, as the guys don't consider themselves ready, have no time to go to studio for a few weeks and don't want to compromise, still this is a unique concert experience which hopefully will be captured on a dvd soon. There's only 3 of them on the stage (I'm not counting the cameos by sample or backing vocal guys), some of them hadn't played music for 10 years, yet they sound incredibly powerful and tight and Tommy's guitarplaying is mindblowing. "Grin" and "Mental Vortex" are among the most important metal albums ever released in my book and they concentrate mainly on the stuff off these two (with the addition of the mandatory older hits like: "Masked Jackal", "Reborn through hate" and "Mistress of Deception").

Sorry, if some (or all) of the above isn't news for somebody, but I'm guessing there are people here who didn't know about it all.

Ok, time for my questions:

1. I've heard Bay Area's MILITIA is still active. Has anyone heard what they're up to? It'd be great to hear some new music from these guys:

2. One of the more original Thrash bands of the early 90's, INTRUDER, have been touring for the last few years:

4. TOURNIQUET were supposed to be releasing something this year too. Anyone had the chance to listen to it yet?

Last edited by a moderator:
Overthrow? There was a great Canadian thrash/death band of this name in the early nineties that had an album called "Within suffering":

Is "The New Order" still active? I enjoyed the clips you posted here some time ago

The new order has split up unfortunately, due to a work-related move to Hungary by our own 'Eric Peterson'. We never found a guitarplayer that was right for the job.

Thanks for the compliment, hope you enjoy my new band as much as my old one.

The only one I know right now is still Flotsam And Jetsam.They are still shooting for an October 31st release date!
Crazy to know that Anacrusis is back!

Erik 1987, that song on your website was a good listen. Good luck with the band and be sure to let us know when you guys release something.

Redfly, I feel the same about Anacrusis. Them and Coroner were the two bands I'd thought would never reunite. Now I guess I can wait for Watchtower, Despair, Sacrosanct, Airdash, Equinox, Antidote, Aftermath, Aspid, Geisha Goner, Seventh Angel, Hexenhaus, Juggernaut, Wrekking Machine, Solitude, Cyclone Temple and so many more to follow :)

BTW, does anyone know whether Laaz Rockit or Heathen are planning to release new albums soon or not? It's been a while since there were any news about them.

Forced Entry, original Seattle thrash band:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RVJxkLBe1w&feature=related[/ame]

Forced Entry, original Seattle thrash band:

Definitely. But have they reformed? I think Brad Hull's in the reformed Sanctuary. I've got the Uncertain Future album. It's good stuff. However, the idea behind this thread was to keep up with what's going on in thrash these days.

Hadn't heart about the Metal Church reunion. They've never fully grown on me, but good to know another respected band is back.

EvilDead from LA has recently broken up. Sadly, I hadn't even known they were back together.

Paradox are releasing a new album next month. Unfortunately, the Holzwarth brothers are gone once again, but I'm sure Charly has come up with some good music, especially with the help of the Obscura/Necrophagist guitarist he recruited. There are some samples on BBM: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=181409

Well, the new Paradox album, Tales of the Weird, is out now! I've only listened to the title track, but if that's a sign of how good the album is, we may be talking about another "Heresy" here after all these years. Great riffs and melodies as always, but it seems to have that extra something to bring the band to a new level. Perhaps it's that Obscura/Necrophagist guitarist that joined the band recently. Anyway, if you're in for some melodic thrash, check it out:

Edit: listening to Brutalized now. Still good:

I was wanting to find this post last week.How did you find the older threads that don't show anymore?

Hmm,I'm going to check it out.I hope it comes with a dvd!

I was wanting to find this post last week.How did you find the older threads that don't show anymore?

Hmm,I'm going to check it out.I hope it comes with a dvd!

When you look at the forum (http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/testament-133/) scroll down the screen and to the left there are Display Options. By default only the threads from last month are displayed. You have to change that and show threads from the beginning. Then you'll be able to browse through them all.

Alternatively, there's always the search option, which works pretty fine on these forums.

You'd think the release date would be closer to the beginning of the tour. By the time it comes out there's only a month left of shows.

When you look at the forum (http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/testament-133/) scroll down the screen and to the left there are Display Options. By default only the threads from last month are displayed. You have to change that and show threads from the beginning. Then you'll be able to browse through them all.

Alternatively, there's always the search option, which works pretty fine on these forums.

Thanks!