On the Cover

yamahazildjian7

Profesional Lurker
Jan 12, 2008
We all know that Koeling is a great Artist/Painter, But the cd cover has a little gem that I haven't seen or heard anyone mention. The little likenesses of Sorrell and Koelling are too funny. Great work SK.

Z

About the thread title..... What other cd/album cover are your favorite. I've always loved the Boston Artwork...

z

By far the cover by Santana / Santana with the lions face in black and white , in the eyes it has faces

I also like King Crimsons album Court of the Crimson King cover with the pastel man , both are framed and on my wall , album covers are great art work.Funny they are both fron 1969 , what a great year.

I also have to throw on Physical Graffiti and Zep 3, spinning wheel and the apt building, both by Hypnosis, Zep really screwed Atlantic by making them pay for all album artwork , Peter Grant was a genious.Even though Graffiti is on Swan Song they had Atlantic pay for it as part of original contract.

Honrable mention is Yes covers, Roger Dean is awesome

JED

Thanks for noticing Stevo. Yeah, the whole booklet has hidden easter eggs in it....all of which pertain to the story or the events that took place in our personal lives while recording this CD. Favorite cover? Masque by Kansas. The early Marillion albums are up there as well.

I'll admit I'm partial to Roger Dean, particularly the covers for the Yes albums Relayer and Tales from Topographic Oceans. He did some cool Uriah Heep album covers too. Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here is another one I like.

We all know that Koeling is a great Artist/Painter, But the cd cover has a little gem that I haven't seen or heard anyone mention. The little likenesses of Sorrell and Koelling are too funny. Great work SK.

Oh yeah especially before Steve K. had longer hair :)
I just got my CD and I have spent the last hour looking at all the hidden things put within the pictures. I love that stuff! :headbang: