Cover tunes :)

Jax

Forum Goddess
Feb 11, 2002
San Jose, CA
Double duty for this thread..

1. What songs/bands would you like to hear A Prelude to Tragedy cover?

2. What are some of your favorite cover songs?

I got the idea for this thread while listening to my new Tarot cd, on which they cover Veteran of the Psychic Wars..a killer cover (though it amuses me every time Marco pronounces victory 'wictory' :lol:).

Just throwing a bunch of shit at a wall here :lol::lol::kickass:

Chevelle - The Red
Edguy - King Of Fools
Fates Warning - One
Iron Maiden - Golden Years
Led Zeppelin - Song Remains The Same
Megadeth - A Tout Le Monde
Deep Purple - Highway Star
Motorhead - Iron Fist
Rush - Subdivisions
Slipknot - Surfacing (this would be priceless!) haha
Tool - Forty Six & 2
Uriah Heep - Rainbow Demon

Man, I'd have to put some thought into this one.

Come to think of it, I know of one I could see you guys doing... Styx's "Too Much Time On My Hands".

Or handpick a few Spock's Beard tunes. I know Koelling would dig that.

Kansas - The Wall
Black Sabbath - Anno Mundi or Jerusalem

I'll share my fave cover tunes in another post later..

Too Fat Polka (She's Too Fat For Me) composed by Ross MacLean, Arthur Richardson

I think this :headbang: would warrant a ticket to Cali.

On the real, I would love to hear a cover of my all-time favorite RUSH tune, "Jacob's Ladder". I never thought I would be able to single out my "favorite" RUSH song, but I still listen to it (and play along to it) and I have to say, it is "the one". It makes "Permanent Waves" their best EP.
I know DT did this song as a cover in Canada, but I would love to hear the APT version.

On the real, I would love to hear a cover of my all-time favorite RUSH tune, "Jacob's Ladder". I never thought I would be able to single out my "favorite" RUSH song, but I still listen to it (and play along to it) and I have to say, it is "the one". It makes "Permanent Waves" their best EP.
I know DT did this song as a cover in Canada, but I would love to hear the APT version.

Ooooh...great tune! More to think about now.

SS

I would love to do Rush's Jacob's Ladder! Great tune. If Sorrell is up for it, count me in

I would love to do Rush's Jacob's Ladder! Great tune. If Sorrell is up for it, count me in

Love it!!! I'll give it a good listen tomorrow, while thinking about playing it. We really need some more upbeat stuff, if we're gonna do covers, but I'll give it another listen.

Permanent Waves is still one of my favorite records. I consider it the last RUSH album. After that, it was all about short, easily digestible tunes. Moving Pictures was, and IS amazing. But, that was the beginning of the "new RUSH".

SRS

I'm sorry B. I've been meaning to post to this one for days now.

Just throwing a bunch of shit at a wall here :lol::lol::kickass:

Chevelle - The Red
Great song!!! I still couldn't believe they made the main stage at Ozzfest off of that one song though.

Led Zeppelin - Song Remains The Same
My choice would be "Fool in the Rain". It's one of my favorite guitar solos. Ever. Keeping in mind that I'm not a Jimmy Page fan.

Deep Purple - Highway Star
I'd love to do "Perfect Stranger" by these guys. It's my favorite DP tune.

Tool - Forty Six & 2
AWESOME!!! :headbang: TOOL is just too damned brilliant! :worship:

SRS

On the real, I would love to hear a cover of my all-time favorite RUSH tune, "Jacob's Ladder".

DAMN!!! How many times can I post to this thread without a response??? :lol: Obsess much?

I remember now! This song features the guitar and drums playing alternating phrases of 5/8 and 6/8 (time-signature) while the keyboard and vocal (both played by Geddy) play a simple 4/4 line.

That means I would have to play the 5/8 and 6/8 guitar part while singing the 4/4 vocal line at the same time! o_O I'm there!

Right brain, meat left brain. Let's party! :kickass:

P.S. This also may be the only REAL Rush tune I can sing all the way through. Cool.

SRS

Rooster, do you think you could handle the Dennis DeYoung vocals? It'd be cool to hear you guys cover some Styx tunes. "Rockin' The Paradise", "Come Sail Away", "Suite Madame Blue", "Too Much Time On My Hands", etc.

And the proposal of doing "On The Turning Away" is the money! That's one of my fave PF tracks.

Scarred - Dream Theater (too much to ask?)
The Mirror/Lie
What about some Symphony X?

Jax had a good one with The Wall by Kansas awesome tune.