Songs Opeth should cover

I've got 5 =D

King Crimson - One More Red Nightmare
Iced Earth - The Coming Curse
Amorphis - Weeper On The Shore
Metallica - Creeping Death
Slayer - Seasons In The Abyss

Black Sabbath "Black Sabbath" - I think that monument of hard rock and heavy metal need some growls. I've heard Vader cover, but it's not too dark. I think Opeth's atmosphere would be much more suitable to that dark mess.

King Crimson "Moonchild" - Mike's clean voice would sound pretty nice in the beginning as I think. And then, in the second part there could be some psychedelic jam - just like in live "Closure" version. And in the end, I think, Opeth could make some metal stuff with grunts. But, anyway, it's very opethian song, in my opinion.

Camel "Air Born" - I have no idea why Mike haven't some Camel cover still though it's one of his favourite bands. I think Opeth was influenced by Camel much bigger than by other 70's prog-bands. There could be vary songs Opeth should cover and "Air Born" is one of them.

Golden Earring "Are You Receicing Me?" - some classic proggy hard-rock stuff. Nice field for improvisation and Opeth's classic arrangements.

Judas Priest "Dreamer Deceiver" & "Deceiver" - of course, Mike couldn't do these Halford's falcettos, but... anyway, I think, he would find some idea to make it sound great. Very intime and emotional song for Opeth. In the heave part there could be some screams.

Led Zeppelin "Dazed and Confused" - I don't like LedZep, really, but they have some bunch of gorgeous songs anyway. And "Dazed and Confused" is one of the best - I think it has some fantastic balance of evil and emotions to fit in Opeth's style. I've heard some nice cover of it on "Stairway to Rock" tribute and there was a vocalist from P.O.D. or something... he've done some nice hysterical screams and it fitted perfectly. I think Mike could sing and growl it in his own style very nice.

Slayer "Seasons in the Abyss" - whoa, one of the most evil songs ever! Perfect for Opeth I think. Or it could be "Dead Skin Mask". Some Wiberg's keyboard magic and Aker's grunt would make 'em even better. "Dance with the dead in my dreams" - just imagine Mike growling these words!

Metallica "Harvester of Sorrow" - mid-tempo pounding classic! Also a great field for Mike's grunt and rich arrangements.

Whoa... there's shitload of such stuff. And "Billy Jean" is, of course, one of the main pretenders!

King Crimson "Moonchild" - Mike's clean voice would sound pretty nice in the beginning as I think. And then, in the second part there could be some psychedelic jam - just like in live "Closure" version. And in the end, I think, Opeth could make some metal stuff with grunts. But, anyway, it's very opethian song, in my opinion.

Great choice, I'd love to hear something like this. Well, in fact I can think of many "Opethian" King Crimson songs.

I got 5 on it - luniz
Well, there is 5 of them and there on the top of it (the prog metal scene) why the hell not?
p.s incidentally, "A Piece of me" Feat. Fat Joe would be equally succesfull

Dream Theater - Learning to Live
Metallica - The Four Horsemen
Agalloch - Falling Snow
That'd be intreresting.

i'd love to hear opeth cover:

Terry Reid -"Seed of Memory", or "To be Treated"

Morbid Angel - "Chapel of Ghouls" (I loved the Akercocke version!) or "He who Sleeps"...excuse me while i jizz over the screen...

Tool - "Third Eye"...but when maynard shouts "prying open my third eye" mikael would let the hounds of hell loose and unleash a black metals rebel growl.

Metal - "The Patient" by tool or "The Grudge"
Prog - "Radioactive Toy" by PT
Classic Rock - "Dreams" by The Allman Brothers

fuck yes, ANYTHING by the Allman bros.

or camel.

or an Opeth-itized version of led zeppelin's Stairway To Heaven.
and claiming they wrote the song :rofl:

alice in chains-down in a hole, but more opeth's style

arch enemy-The Immortal

katatonia-brave, but changed around, actual guitar leads, maybe faster; Black Erotica, but progy

Sonata Arctica-Last Drop Falls, but damnationy, more bluesy, maybe switch around the silly stuff with more serious sounding stuff

Tool- H., but heavier; third eye as mentioned above, with or without the blackmetalsrebelness; Jambi or Right In Two, but later on maybe cause 10,000 days is a little too new to cover.

Tool- H., but heavier; third eye as mentioned above, with or without the blackmetalsrebelness; Jambi or Right In Two, but later on maybe cause 10,000 days is a little too new to cover.

fuck yeah, i wanted to mention H., but i don't see opeth playing that to be perfectly honest.
right in two would slay man, also vicarious.
but yeah, some of tool's older stuff would be amazing.

so far all their covers (well all three of 'em we know) have been exactly like the originals and from what i read the three new ones are like that as well. it's nice and all, but i don't think we should start expecting opeth interpretations of other songs ... it's just something for fun probably, but nothing special.
so i don't have songs i would like them to cover especially, since it would just be a copy of the original, and mostly the original is better anyway then of course.

katatonia-brave, but changed around, actual guitar leads, maybe faster;

You know that it's Mike on vocals on that song right? And it's impossible to make that song any better.

Why not?
Swallow The Sun's style is similar to Opeth's. Besides, this is a great song, and it would be better if Opeth could cover it.

No, Swallow The Sun dont sound even abit like Opeth.