Alice in Chains "Would?" Opeth cover a diff song by them?

Come on... both bands had their bad moments but do you seriously think AIC's drug-addled droning rock is better than Pearl Jam who actually maintained a high level of competence and consistency in songwriting and occasionally succeeded once or twice in their experimentations (AIC achieved neither of these)

Hmm, well I totally disagree with the consistency thing . . . .the only album I'm not totally all about is AIC's first album, but its still very good.

and what do you mean by their experimentation? Jerry Cantrell is the master of the WAH pedal in my opinion, and Pearl Jam is as watered down and bland as they get

I don't agree with anything you say about Pearl Jam "maintaining" anything over AIC . . . that doesn't even make sense in my opinion . . . .yes layne got strung out . . . but . . . . wait wtf do you mean by high level of competence? that doesn't even make sense . . . .applying that terminology to music, unless your saying that AIC were a bunch of Incompetent musicians, which is just retarded

Come on... both bands had their bad moments but do you seriously think AIC's drug-addled droning rock is better than Pearl Jam who actually maintained a high level of competence and consistency in songwriting and occasionally succeeded once or twice in their experimentations (AIC achieved neither of these)

Pearl Jam isn't bad, but they were often ''catchy'' in the bad sense of the word, and a lot of their material is pretty inoffensive, i mean, they have too many sappy songs that plunge into romantic rock banality. Staley had a better range than Vedder and AIC's guitar work was far less generic than PJ's.

Tell me a single acoustic-based PJ song that's better or deeper than anything from the Sap ep or the Jar of flies album. Alice in Chains is a much more versatile band, with much better melodies.

I love Pearl Jam more than AIC. However, I think AIC takes the cake as the more "original" band. I do believe Pearl Jam has some amazing songs, but many fall into the more adult, or catchy (for commercial purposes) side.

As for acoustic PJ songs that are as good as AIC's i have: Footsteps, Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town, Fatal, Off He Goes, etc... Of course, none of these come even close to Nutshell, except Off He Goes, which is just as good.

PJ songs Opeth should cover:

I Got Id <--- wooo just thiking about it makes me happy!
Sleight of Hand
Nothing as it seems
Oceans
Tremor Christ
Parachutes (i think this could be funny, but interesting)
Low Light (what Mike (Akerfedlt, not McCready) could do with that little solo in the bridge would be amazing!)
Blood (with growls)

Hell yeah... we need PJ covers!!!

Can't see why Oceans could be possibly better than something like ''I Stay Away'', but whatev. i respect your opinion.

Oh wow,,.. really?!?! I Stay Away better than Oceans?!?!?!

I LOVE I Stay Away, but c'mon... Oceans has the lyrics, the music, the melody, everything is pure awesomeness. Well, I Stay Away does too,... fuck i can't pick one over the other. :zombie:

I actually don't prefer one over the other, though I probably listen to Pearl Jam a bit more. I think that AIC had a more distinct sound and probably better musicians, though both bands have great musicians in them. Just an era of rock that came exactly when it had to. Hopefully we'll see another seachange because modern rock is pretty god-awful.

"Artificial Red", is an awesome song.

dont forget the screaming trees guy was in that band also. bad ass band.

if they ever covered another seattle area group i hope it would be soundgarden, they could probably do an amazing cover of "blowup the outside world" imo.

"Artificial Red", is an awesome song.

dont forget the screaming trees guy was in that band also. bad ass band.

if they ever covered another seattle area group i hope it would be soundgarden, they could probably do an amazing cover of "blowup the outside world" imo.

You're referring to Mark Lanagan (probably didn't spell his name right) but I don't know if he was an "official" member of the band, he just sang on like 2 songs or something.

Yeah Soundgarden is good, I guess Pearl Jam is just like the only band I didn't really get into from the Seattle scene (and Mud Honey . ..they suck)

Opeth should cover "SMELLS LIKE TEEN SPIRIT" . . . . . . . :puke: