Alice in Chains "Would?" Opeth cover a diff song by them?

On the album Dirt, Down In A Hole is track 4, while Would? is track 13 ;)

I'd like to hear Down In A Hole the most. Man In The Box or Rooster would be interesting as well.

on my disk down in a hole is straight before would?
better order imo :p

Still, it's going to be veeerrry interesting hearing would? by opeth

Alice in Chains is one of my favorite bands of all time. Glad to hear Mike so that he like them a lot on the TALKING METAL Interview.

I think when it comes to lyrical content WOULD? is the perfect song for Opeth to cover, seeing as how most of Alice In Chains songs focus on Drugs and Would? doesn't

But what other songs do you think would be cool for Opeth to cover by alice in chains?

I'd say

Down In A hole
Any of their Acoustic songs (Got me wrong, brother, nutshell, etc.)
Heaven Beside you would be cool

I hope that the music is change up quite a bit on Would? though, a more elaborate solo would rock!! :headbang:

um, have you ever read the lyrics or know who the song is about?
andy wood (pun intended there) singer of mother love bone
died from heroin like layne staley
the lyrics although they can be interpreted in many ways, i'm not saying you're wrong at all understand. but they definitely refer to heroin addiction.
Would lyrics
Know Me Broken By My Master
Teach Thee On Child Of Love Hereafter

Into The Flood Again
Same Old Trip It Was Back Then
So I Made A Big Mistake
Try To See It Once My Way

Drifting Body Its Sole Desertion
Flying Not Yet Quite The Notion

Am I Wrong?
Have I Run Too Far To Get Home?
Am I Gone?
And Left You Here Alone
If I Would Could You?
i mean that could refer to a deal with the devil gone wrong, i see that. but yeah, it's also about heroin.

i'm thinking about what you guys are saying and trying to come up with more aic songs opeth could cover and i'm starting to believe most alice in chains songs really fit the opeth sound (or vice versa).

for a very strange reason, i can perfectly hear in my head opeth playing an aic song and it sounds just right to me. and this comes from a guy who thinks layne, jerry, mike and sean cannot be matched.

it could be that these two bands kick a massive amount of ass.

um, have you ever read the lyrics or know who the song is about?
andy wood (pun intended there) singer of mother love bone
died from heroin like layne staley
the lyrics although they can be interpreted in many ways, i'm not saying you're wrong at all understand. but they definitely refer to heroin addiction.
Would lyrics
Know Me Broken By My Master
Teach Thee On Child Of Love Hereafter

Into The Flood Again
Same Old Trip It Was Back Then
So I Made A Big Mistake
Try To See It Once My Way

Drifting Body Its Sole Desertion
Flying Not Yet Quite The Notion

Am I Wrong?
Have I Run Too Far To Get Home?
Am I Gone?
And Left You Here Alone
If I Would Could You?
i mean that could refer to a deal with the devil gone wrong, i see that. but yeah, it's also about heroin.

Yes maybe so . . . .Would? possibly ver much about drug addiction/heroin usage, but phrases such as "Know me broken by my master . . . teach thee onl child love hereafter" are way more Opethian than most of AIC's other songs . . . . .If Would? is indeed about heroin addiction/usage it is more metaphorical/beats around the bush whereas songs like

JUNKHEAD (what's my drug of choice, well what have you got . . . .etc)
GODSMACK (What in god's name have you done? stick your arm for some real fun. . . .so yur sickness weighs a ton and gods name is SMACK (which is HEROIN) FOR SOME
GRIND (Let the sun never blind your eyes
Let me sleep so my teeth won't grind
Hear a sound from a voice inside" <- - - -which is totally a song about SPEED anyone who's been exposed to speed or knows of a friend whose done it would know what the whole teeth won't grind thing is about

and lets face it while songs like that ROCK FUKN ASS!!!! Mikael Akerfeldt can't relate to the lyrical content the way Jerry Cantrell and Layne Staley did

now those are just examples the whole DIRT and Self titled albums scream of drug addiction in most songs . . . .Would? does NOT SCREAM addiction wouldn't you agree with that?

There were other candidates, I mean, they have so many fantastic songs! My/our favourite album is "Dirt" so we focused mainly on that. We talked about "Down in a hole", "Rain when I die", "Them bones" and of course "Would?".

Also "I can't remember" off the first album was a possibility. And all songs off the "Sap" ep.

Difficult, but "Would?" is just an incredible song and it hasn't really aged at all since I first heard it.

With that said, although our version is OK, it's maybe too similar to the original only worse, haha!

Cheers
Mike

Mikael Åkerfeldt;7072935 said:
There were other candidates, I mean, they have so many fantastic songs! My/our favourite album is "Dirt" so we focused mainly on that. We talked about "Down in a hole", "Rain when I die", "Them bones" and of course "Would?".

Also "I can't remember" off the first album was a possibility. And all songs off the "Sap" ep.

Difficult, but "Would?" is just an incredible song and it hasn't really aged at all since I first heard it.

With that said, although our version is OK, it's maybe too similar to the original only worse, haha!

Cheers
Mike

No one likes Rotten apple?

Cheers
Mike

\m/\m/\m/

My/our favourite album is "Dirt" so we focused mainly on that. We talked about "Down in a hole", "Rain when I die", "Them bones" and of course "Would?".
Yep!! :headbang: DIRT owns! Their best album, with the Self titled album right behind that one!

You rock mike! I'm sure Would? will be just as good as the original.

Since AIC is from Seattle and all you should play WOULD? when you guys come here!:headbang::kickass:

i think mike should've chosen jerry as per's replacement

just imagine the riffs, the solos, the VOCAL FUCKING MELODIES ffs!!!

besides that, they kinda look similar.

(nothing against fred in this case, as i'm half joking)

"Get Born Again" is one of my favorite AIC songs...kinda heavy, a cool vibe. Not sure if it would make a good cover for them though. I could definitely see them doing "Them Bones" or "Dam That River"...and "Don't Follow" would be sweet too :kickass: