Songs Opeth should cover

Condemned to Obscurity by Gorguts. With Per they could even play it live.

Son of Lilith or Semtex Revolution by Coroner would also be killer.

I would really like them to cover some more Maiden tracks. Their Remember Tomorrow-cover is golden. I could see them doing great things with Phantom of the Opera, Hallowed Be Thy Name, Paschendale or Children of the Damned.

Sabbath Bloody Sabbath is another contender. It would fit Opeth's style great because it epitomises Sabbath's heavy/soft-dynamic. IIRC, SBS was Mike's favourite album according to his bio, so not covering the title track is shameful :p

You know that it's Mike on vocals on that song right? And it's impossible to make that song any better.

yeah I know, but I'd like to see it redone with a bit more of an opethian style to it and actual guitar leads. that or rainroom. i just want to hear a redone version of either of those songs cause they're beautiful, yet I could always imagine more added to the songs. you know what i mean :p

like omgosh, I cant believe I forgot this.
Opeth should cover....
Stairway to Heaven.
i said that before, I could definatly see Opeth doing that song. after all, Opeth is kindof the Led Zeppelin of death metal, if ya know what I mean :p