Opeth covering Slayer in a dream

Puzzlebox

Jan 20, 2006
I had a dream the other day that Opeth put out a 3 track cover CD of Slayer, while working on their next album.

While I don't remember the 2 other songs, they covered Kill Again, off Hell Awaits, and Opeth's version just kicked ass. Death vocals through the whole song and Axe's double bass throughout.

What other two songs should they cover, and what do you think about the direction Opeth are headed if they were to cover Slayer.

And yeah yeah, I understand people are going to insert their witty comments about this thread, but hey, whatever...

I would never want mikaels talents to go anywhere near the butchery of a slayer song.

i had a wieird dream wher i went to c mikeol backstage and he took off his shirt and i gave him a ful body massage does tht mak me gaY??

dude wtf, i've actually never meet a metal head that doesn't like Slayer. Fuck you, faggot.

Haha, thats the perfect example of the sterotypical teen angst that is associated with probably 98% of slayers fans. You dont like Slayer and you like metal so that means your automatically a fag. What kind of logic is that? Some people dont happen to think that playing the same E minor power chord riff 1000 miles an hour with a sloppy pentatonic solo and lyrics glorifying the slotter of millions in the holocaust or fucking a dead person add up to talent. I admit that I enjoy a few of thier songs and they put on a crazy live show (ive seen them twice), but thier music is not for everyone. Why is it that just because someone likes a style of music they have to like every band that falls under the genre? I like Cannibal Corpse and Nile but I dont like Cattle Decapitation or Pig Destroyer, does that make me a fag? You know dude, if youve " actually never meet a metal head that doesnt like Slayer" you should probably go out and make a couple more friends. Now I know your probably going to get all defensive and do what you did in the first post and call me a few childish names, maybe throw a tantrum for me disagreeing with your point of view, but if youve read this far read this : Not every person is going to like every band you do. If they did, this world would be a very boring place. Lets keep the name calling down to a minimimum. There may be some young Opeth fans trolling this place, haha.

I don't really see Opeth playing any thrash metal, it would be a surprise but covers are a waste of space really . All guitarist into Slayer know Kerry King is very fast when he wants to be, I wonder if Mikael could keep up with the speed of a song like Hallowed Point, Dittohead, or Raining blood. These type of Slayer songs prove they have wicked skills, blazing leads that hardly anyone can reproduce, and the songs that will make your forarm burn. ALso I could never see Slayer playing any Opeth songs either, it just would not work in the end.

I had a dream the other day that Opeth put out a 3 track cover CD of Slayer, while working on their next album.

While I don't remember the 2 other songs, they covered Kill Again, off Hell Awaits, and Opeth's version just kicked ass. Death vocals through the whole song and Axe's double bass throughout.

What other two songs should they cover, and what do you think about the direction Opeth are headed if they were to cover Slayer.

And yeah yeah, I understand people are going to insert their witty comments about this thread, but hey, whatever...

i hope that stays a dream.
although opeth covering sepultura might sound interesting

Haha, thats the perfect example of the sterotypical teen angst that is associated with probably 98% of slayers fans. You dont like Slayer and you like metal so that means your automatically a fag. What kind of logic is that? Some people dont happen to think that playing the same E minor power chord riff 1000 miles an hour with a sloppy pentatonic solo and lyrics glorifying the slotter of millions in the holocaust or fucking a dead person add up to talent. I admit that I enjoy a few of thier songs and they put on a crazy live show (ive seen them twice), but thier music is not for everyone. Why is it that just because someone likes a style of music they have to like every band that falls under the genre? I like Cannibal Corpse and Nile but I dont like Cattle Decapitation or Pig Destroyer, does that make me a fag? You know dude, if youve " actually never meet a metal head that doesnt like Slayer" you should probably go out and make a couple more friends. Now I know your probably going to get all defensive and do what you did in the first post and call me a few childish names, maybe throw a tantrum for me disagreeing with your point of view, but if youve read this far read this : Not every person is going to like every band you do. If they did, this world would be a very boring place. Lets keep the name calling down to a minimimum. There may be some young Opeth fans trolling this place, haha.

:kickass: :headbang: :worship:
well put

^ The glory of Slayer lives in the studio albums.

I agree Slayer live has become stale, especially the setlist ..the old farts always play the same fucking songs every godamn time and Ive seen Slayer Every year since I can't remember. Now I hate going to Slayer shows anymore because Slayer has gotten trendy and too big. The shows are always wayover fucking packed now with annoying little Unearth Hatebreed kiddy bastards everywhere trying to act like they have been Slayer fans for 20 years, but really they are metal virgins. Also Since they won that stupid Grammy they have gotten way too big headed, and very lazy seems... maybe they are just getting too old for this. The newer albums aren't as entertaining as the old ones Im sure you all know, and it seems like Kerry King is trying to hog the bands writing process while Jeff Hanneman drowns in Beer on the side.