Songs Opeth should cover

Belligerent

Greekus Urungus
Mar 15, 2006
The Low Low, IL
I dont know about anyone else...but the Soldier of Fortune(Deep Purple) cover didnt settle well with me. This could be cool thread to see everyone's thoughts on what they should cover of different genre's.

Classic Rock cover: Led Zeppelin - No Quarter (Has an dark eerie vibe to it and I think Mikael could pull off Robert Plant in this song)
Metal Cover: Morbid Angel - God Of Emptiness ( You could see the Morbid Angel influences in Opeth's music to begin with so why not)
Prog Rock Cover: King Crimson - Epitaph ( A beautifully depressing song I consider to be not only one of best written songs ever...but would kill to hear Opeth cover it):worship:

Any ideas guys?:kickass:

The Division Bell - Poles Apart. listen to it. incredibly underrated album.

I agree. It's a really good album

After seeing Mike doing vox for the Candlemass tribute, I'd enjoy seeing them cover something thrashy, like early Metallica or Megadeth :headbang:

I would LOVE to hear Opeth do No Quarter. That would be a perfect song for them to cover.

All the other songs listed are meh as far as what Opeth would probably be able to do with them (although Epitaph might be decent). But No Quarter...would be fucking awesome.

Glad u agree Divine...Twould' be killer:kickass:
Tell me God of Emptiness wouldnt be great tho'..."Bow to me faiiiiiithfuuuuully" *shortly followed by Fredrik perfecting Trey Azagthoth's sweeps*

Prog: Genesis - Get 'Em Out By Friday
Classic Rock: Beatles - I Want You (She's So Heavy)
Metal: Dethklok - Briefcase Full of Guts

these would be interesting, quite different too but all somehow appropriate. not joking either.

Ted Nugent - Stranglehold
The Cure - Disintegration
Agalloch - And the Great Cold Death of the Earth
Kent - Den Doda Vinkeln
Sixteen Horsepower - Cinder Alley
Norah Jones - The Sun Doesn't Like You
Chopin - Nocturne in B-Flat Minor, Opus 9/1
Journey - Separate Ways (make it more of a slowed-down, soft ballad and then explode at the end with a proggy freakout section and lots of death growls)

btw whoever mentioned King Crimson's Epitaph - Asgaroth (symphonic black metal from Spain) covered it on the Absence Spells Beyond EP. good cover too.