Songs Opeth should cover

The Division Bell - Poles Apart. listen to it. incredibly underrated album.

Opeth should cover anything but Slayer.

yes that floyd song would be utterly perfect. although id have to disagree with you on covering slayer..........opeth are too good for that :p

Morbid Angel - Ceasars Pallace

Led Zep - Arcilles

Black sabbath Megalomania, spiral architect, hand of doom, Electric funeral etc.

Im HUGE Allman's fan. That my friend would be stellar. "Woke up this mornin'nnn'" ...Akerfeldt could definitely rip up some blues:headbang:

Yeah he proved that with the Hours of Wealth solo, one of the best blues solos Ive ever heard.

Id like them to delve into doom a little more. Bands like Candlemass, St. Vitus, Trouble, Pentagram, My Dying Bride, etc. Maybe Re-connect by Anathema off of Alternative 4. Anything off of Beyond the Crimson Horizon by Solitude Aeternus would sound great if Mike uses the death metal vocals. I know all probably get flamed for mentioning such an over rated band but I think "Space Dye Vest" by Dream Theater is another song that would go over really well. That song has a real dark depressing feel that isnt typical with the band and Mike could kind of explore with some classical guitar on top of the piano theme to kind of make it thier own. Listen to it, youll see what I mean.

Glad u agree Divine...Twould' be killer:kickass:
Tell me God of Emptiness wouldnt be great tho'..."Bow to me faiiiiiithfuuuuully" *shortly followed by Fredrik perfecting Trey Azagthoth's sweeps*

there arent any sweeps in that song

i dont know if i would like them covering that....i love the song the way it is....its perfect

Yeah he proved that with the Hours of Wealth solo, one of the best blues solos Ive ever heard.

Id like them to delve into doom a little more. Bands like Candlemass, St. Vitus, Trouble, Pentagram, My Dying Bride, etc. Maybe Re-connect by Anathema off of Alternative 4. Anything off of Beyond the Crimson Horizon by Solitude Aeternus would sound great if Mike uses the death metal vocals. I know all probably get flamed for mentioning such an over rated band but I think "Space Dye Vest" by Dream Theater is another song that would go over really well. That song has a real dark depressing feel that isnt typical with the band and Mike could kind of explore with some classical guitar on top of the piano theme to kind of make it thier own. Listen to it, youll see what I mean.
Judgement by Anathema would be a good cover...and Floyd Animals in its entirity would be bonerrific.

Mikael did do a Candlemass song with them live at their 20th anniversary show or something like that, I saw a video of it and it was so friggin sweet. It was the song At the Gallows End I believe.

Zep, no quarter. agreed.

I had a weird dream with opeth singing Wicked Garden by Stone temple pilots. But I'm just messed up like that, after a few too many beers :kickass: Can't even imagine what that style of music played by opeth would sound like at the moment.

Mikael did do a Candlemass song with them live at their 20th anniversary show or something like that, I saw a video of it and it was so friggin sweet. It was the song At the Gallows End I believe.

Ill have to see if I can find that, sounds stellar. Any chance you could post a link?

I'd love to hear Mike cover some Nick Drake.

Ive heard a few songs from him and I liked what I heard, real relaxing. His voice is a little more folky than my particular taste but I agree his songs would sound good with Mike singing them. Didnt the dude off himself on painkillers or something?