Songs Opeth should cover

Resurrecting this thread to mention the Moody Blues.
Song they should cover?
When You're A Free Man off of Seventh Sojourn.
This would be the PERFECT song for Opeth to cover...you hear that Mike?

Resurrecting this thread to mention the Moody Blues.
Song they should cover?
When You're A Free Man off of Seventh Sojourn.
This would be the PERFECT song for Opeth to cover...you hear that Mike?

I don't know that particular song, but I can't see Opeth covering any of the Moody Blues songs I know. Unless of course they do 'I'm Just A Singer In I Death Metal Band" :p

I don't know that particular song, but I can't see Opeth covering any of the Moody Blues songs I know. Unless of course they do 'I'm Just A Singer In I Death Metal Band" :p
Download Seventh Sojourn and listen to the song. It's an amazing song in it's own right, but Opeth covering it would be bonerrific.
If I could send you the song I would.

That would be insane, but I highly doubt Mike has even close to the vocal range needed to pull it off.

Mendez could kick him in the balls first :p

Anyway, you're right, though I think he could better pull off one of Garm's songs, like Ad Absurdum.

Ill have to see if I can find that, sounds stellar. Any chance you could post a link?
youtube it :p

its great!

On topic: Opeth could probably cover anything, but I'd definately like to see some classic stuff like stairway to heaven or some more blueish like someone previously mentioned, Hours of Wealth solo and also to bid you farewell solo is just pure awesomeness!

would be cool to see them cover Tool (stinkfist?) or Porcupine tree two very musically talented bands just like opeth!

Queen/Bohemian Rhapsody

oh my, how could I forget this one?

IMHO, as a biased queen fan (I love them!) I think Bohemian rhapsody is probably one of the greatest rock songs ever and also one of the best vocal performances, would love to see mike sing this, even if its just half as a good as queen's verision, I'd be golden!

Some Pink Floyd would be nice:

How about a cover of us and them??? that would be fucked up!:headbang:
Dogs would be awesome but long for a cover song. My wish list:

-Us And Them
-Dogs
-Confortably Numb
-Time

More metal:

-God Of Emptiness (Morbid Angel)
-Maze Of Torments (Morbid Angel)
-Pull The Plug (Death)
-Into The Grave (Grave)
-Hammer Smashed Face:headbang: (Cannibal Corpse)

Rock thing:

-Knocking At Your Back Door (Purple)
-Perfect Stranger (Deep Purple)
-Rock N' Roll (Led Zeppelin)
-Spirit In The Sky (Normand Greenbaud)
-Black Sabbath (Black Sabbath)
-War Pigs (Black Sabbath)
-Sunshine Of Your Love (Cream)

Any Floyd would be amazing. I always thought that if Porcupine Tree or Opeth would cover Floyd it would OWN immensely.
And yes, God Of Emptiness would be cool.

Death in Fire - Amon Amarth ( would love to hear how it would be with Mikael's brutal vocals )
Bob Seger - Turn the Page ( amazing song....with Mikael's clean vocals this would be great )
To Live is To Die - Metallica ( with Opeth's acoustic guitar tones,the acoustic sections on these songs would be great in my opinion.

King Crimson - Red, Starless, or Epitaph, as already said...

Pink Floyd - Let there Be more Light (The most suitable Floyd song) , or Echoes (the mind-blowingness itself)

Van der Graaf Generator - Still Life (The contrast between clean vocals and growling could be very suitable for this song)

Chick Corea - Return to Forever

Led Zeppelin - Achilles Last Stand or No Quarter

Cathedral - Midnight Mountain :D

A lot of good suggestions here:).
I think it would be fun to hear them covering something unexpected that´s not their usual cup of tea.