Songs Opeth should cover

'Brothers In Arms' from Dire Straits
'I Wanna Know Waht Love Is' from Foreigner
'Hello (Turn Your Radio On)' from Shakespear's Sister
'In The Air Tonight' from Phil Collins

How about Wayward Son, that would be cool. I think its by Kansas but Im not sure. Something by Zepplin would be pretty awesome, how about that song Battle of Evermore or something like that I cant remember the exact name.

I would like to hear Mikael doing sexy Coverdale : Whitesnake : In The Still of The Night. Michael, we know you dig all things Coverdales but any song song from 1987 would be killer !

Deep Purple : Burn

Metallica : Fade To Black with acoustic guitars on arpeggios and growls in the last verse.

Muse : Knight of Cydonia, New Born, Hysteria : What to do with Bellamy's falsettos ?

Thin Lizzy : Still in Love with you

Scorpions : We'll burn the Sky

Porcupine Tree : Hate Song

Rush : Natural Science, Xanadu

Sting : Fragile

Britney Spears : Toxic

Zeppelin - Kashmir

That would be amazing.

And, I'm not sure if this is the correct title, but Flamenco Classical by Al di Meola.
Maybe The Chaos Path by Arcturus.
Any Dark Hall song :lol:
The Tongue of Fire by Emperor
Slow Ride by Foghat :p
Somehow I think they could pull off a metal version of Allegro non Troppo - Poco Sost by Johannes Brahms.
Mike should do a cover of Texas Flood by Stevie Ray Vaughan. Break out one those '70s strats he has :)

The Who - Boris the Spider

along the same idea, and since Mike mentioned it himself...

The Cure - Lullaby

I must say that the "Soldier Of Fortune" cover is absolutely incredible. Such a beautiful song.

I'd love to hear Opeth cover...
Chris Isaak - Wicked Game
Pink Floyd - If, or Echoes :worship:

Not sure about Candlemass though, Mikael's vocal range isn't that high. His version of At the Gallow's End paled in comparison to the original (and the vocals are what makes Candlemass awesome).

Jack Luminous by Voivod

Strange Fruit by Billie Holiday

Machine Gun by Jimi Hendrix

Screaming in Digital by Queensryche "Before the light you must know what lies behind my screams" Total Death Vox

Ungod By Stabbing Westward

Dirty Hole by VAST

High by Jimmie's Chicken Shack

Diabolus by Buddy Rich

Head Like A Hole by Nine Inch Nails

II B.S. by Charles Mingus