One Band, One cover Song

Walter_Langkowski

Neuroses Facilitator
I was listening to an old album the other day (I'll get to which one in a second), and I thought that one of the songs would be a cool set addition at PP as a cover. So I thought this thread would be a good idea to have for people to think about what would be a good cover song and for which 1 band in particular.

I love Jorn and will be expecting to hear 3-4 covers in his set anyways, so I'll just exclude him from my thinking as a cover from him is almost guaranteed.

So as to what I was listening to...as much as I currently loathe them and they are probably THE most overplayed 'Metal' band ever now...I was listening to Metallica "...And Justice For All" and basking in the utter brilliance of their last true quality album, I thought that a certain song would make a great cover. So for me...

"Blackened" would be covered very aptly by Mercenary.

I think the vocal contrasting of Mercenary would do quite well within the song and their heaviness would work well with the power of the original recording.

I'd like to hear others thoughts on this too.

longshot9 said:
The Southpark Theme song covered by Freak Kitchen.

Damn it! Music MUST be serious, at ALL times! How DARE you? :heh:

P.S. Did you hear that Martin Motnik guy's version of the Simson's Theme?

SMOKIN'!

J-Dubya

Oh, come on guys. You should download these covers:

Vision Divine - The Final Countdown (the really do need to play this)
Thunderstone - Welcome Home (Sanitarium)

Wastefall covering anything from Pain of Salvation since they are a POS clone,and I mean that in a good way! The new disc is awesome

Rider of Theli said:
Fates Warning - 'Guardian' - covered by Pyramaze.

:worship:
I second Hoyt's choice, PYRAMAZE covering any song by EDGUY would be great. Especially "Save me Now":headbang: