nevermore cover tunes

Jan 4, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
I remeber hearing this before DHIADW came out. The band mentioned that they had enough cover tunes recorded to release a cover album or something close to that, I belive I read it in BW&BK.
Anyways, they decided against it, apparently because of all the cover songs/albums that were out ie. Grage Inc. COverkill.

Now, I know that "Sound of silence" went to DHIADW and that "love bites" came out on the judas priest tribute. But where are the rest of the songs and what songs are they.

In passing:
Who's the worst (popular) drummer out there.
(Guys who are in bands that live in obscurity don't count)
I'm talking about the guy's who, whenever anybody says "______ he's f**king great" and all you can do is roll your eyes and bite your tongue. Fill in the blank

1. METAL CHURCH - BEYOND THE BLACK
2. SAVATGE - ?
3. JIMI HENDRIX - ARE U EXPERIENCED..

WORST DRUMMER, WOULD BE LARSIE URICH....OR THE LINKINPARK DRUMMER
BEST DRUMMER - THE NEW DRUMMER OUT OF BOLTTHROWER. OR ENTOMBED

Nice nick, Army of Darkness was pretty funny. Dunno about the cover tunes, but as for drummer, Lars is up there, for sure. He sucks. I've seen people say the Iron Maiden drummer is awesome, but I've never been impressed with any of his stuff (can't even remember his name, ha). Oh, the guy from Tool...Danny Carey, I think. People rave about his drumming, but I never really thought it was anything to write home about.

Originally posted by jimbobhickville
Nice nick, Army of Darkness was pretty funny. Dunno about the cover tunes, but as for drummer, Lars is up there, for sure. He sucks. I've seen people say the Iron Maiden drummer is awesome, but I've never been impressed with any of his stuff (can't even remember his name, ha). Oh, the guy from Tool...Danny Carey, I think. People rave about his drumming, but I never really thought it was anything to write home about.

danny Carey is a fucking machine on the drums. he's not Yanic Bercier(Quo Vadis), Flo Mounier(Cryptopsy) or Gene Hoglund(Death, SYL...), hes still dam ngood
shitty popular drummers, the guy in Korn blows ass

as for covers, i know Love Bites and Sound of Silence and Silent Hedges/Double Dare

Part of the reason Nicko (Iron Maiden) gets respect and deserves so is all his work is single bass (minus the new one).

His triplet work is amazing considering that.

And yeah the Korn dude's way over-rated but cream of the crap - Lars "I'm a whiny bitch" Ulrich.Never understood the good part in his playing let alone being one of the best.

Another drummer I think is over-rated (I can feel the shit coming :D ) Dave Lombardo while with Slayer. I think he had like 4 beats back then but some amazing double bass but there more to a kit than bass drums- Ya know.

lARS IS SELF TAUGHT

DAVE(SLAYER) IS A JAZZ DRUMMER, HE HATES METAL , BUT DOES IT FOR A LIVING....

Darkspot says-
Lars used to be a damn good drummer...but he's getting worse.Metallica in general is getting worse.Did anyone else hear that Met. is gonna be working w/ (dun dun dun)Ja Rule on a song?While reading that, did anyone else puke besides me?OH, THE DOWNFALL OF ALL THAT IS HEAVY METAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I,Darkspot, am a drummer. Well, I play the drums...not very well,though. Will anyone kill me if i say that I think Tommy Stewart of Godsmack is a kick ass drummer?I'm a die-hard smackette.

Originally posted by swallowyoursoul
In passing:
Who's the worst (popular) drummer out there.
(Guys who are in bands that live in obscurity don't count)
I'm talking about the guy's who, whenever anybody says "______ he's f**king great" and all you can do is roll your eyes and bite your tongue. Fill in the blank
LARS for sure...
Not only is he the most overestimated drummer ever, but he is rich too. "Eat this fucking rich"

Originally posted by true light
BEST DRUMMER - THE NEW DRUMMER OUT OF BOLTTHROWER. OR ENTOMBED
Dude, sorry to say that, but the best drummer ever in metal was, is and always will be Mark Zonder (Warlord, Fates Warning).

Dude you didn't Mention Silent Hedges - This was by Bahaus i got the original its kinda cool but the nevermore one with the added double dare part just rips it up

NeVeRHeAd !

Nicko from Maiden never used double kicks. I know it sounds like it but he is awesome, and I swear he didn't. He still does crazy some hi-hat stuff while doing what you think is double bass you will notice. He is incredible with his right foot, and swears he will never touch a double pedal. Although you can watch his drum video and notice he is just as spectacular with his left foot. He does some double bass sounding crap on that too with the one pedal. That man is brilliant, just go listen to Piece of Mind and stuff. The new album is way laid back for him as it is with the rest of the band, but hey, whatever, happens. Dave Lombardo does not hate metal, and does not really play jazz. He takes influences where they come. I actually am good friends with one of his teachers, and while he may listen to and play a little jazz, he loves metal. He likes a lot of industrial (well, did in 94 or whenever his Modern Drummer cam out) but he assured me greatly when I met him that he is and always will do metal. He just might have some side projects along the way. He thinks Fantomas is the most challenging thing he has ever done, and I wholeheartedly agree with him. The man is a huge fucking influence, and at like 48 (oldie) he continues to do so. Larz is an influence, I just hope he dies. He can't play anymore as evident by everything they ever do live. Shit, my crappy Metallica cover band back in my freshman year of highschool could blow them away..... well, at least everybody told me I could blow larz away, and I didn't agree until I saw them live.... on record up until 1991 he gets a 10 though. He also was taught by Joe Satriani's drummer at the time Kirk was learning from Satriani himself though. I think before Ride the Lightning, not sure though.

Just a quick one..... all you people should experience TOOL live....then come back to this site and have a chat about it.....

Peter Criss, Lars Ulrich and Andy Parker (UFO).

I have mixed feelings about Nicko -- I saw IM live last summer and his playing was pretty pedestrian (Bobby Jarzombek with Halford blew him away). But I love his work on the albums (and the drum sound on Brave New World is unbelievable). I have a feeling that Nicko's extracurricular activities prevent him from really shining live.