Nevermore should release a cover album

PainK

New Metal Member
Jan 30, 2002
Estonia
www.hot.ee
I adore NEVERMORE covers! Songs like "Love Bites" (Judas Priest)
"Silent Hedges" (Bauhaus) Sound of silence (Simon & Garfunkel) are just awesome. Nevermore should release a cover album covering some gothic tinged bands like Bauhaus, Fields of Nephilm, Sister of Mercy, E.Neuabauten and some 60's - 70's - 80's rock/heavy metal stuff too. Nevermore's got this unique vibe how they make the covers a way darker serious than they are originally. In case of "Sound of silence" i thouht noone can do this song in more darker way, but Nevermore made their own music onto it and solved the porblem. Awesome! Make the coveralbun Nevermores!

I think the idea for the "Beyond the Black" covers album has either been scrapped or put on hold. I think Nevermore have given us enough cover songs (for now). Yes, it would be nice to have a covers album, but I'm looking forward to Enemies Of Reality and more original material from NEVERMORE.

Originally posted by Vylance X
A cover album isn't needed. Metallica put one out. Actually, they put out several.

Actually, they've had nothing but basic cover albums since Kill 'em All...they've stolen or "borrowed" every decent riff they ever had.

Originally posted by PainK
I adore NEVERMORE covers! Songs like "Love Bites" (Judas Priest)
"Silent Hedges" (Bauhaus) Sound of silence (Simon & Garfunkel) are just awesome. Nevermore should release a cover album covering some gothic tinged bands like Bauhaus, Fields of Nephilm, Sister of Mercy, E.Neuabauten and some 60's - 70's - 80's rock/heavy metal stuff too. Nevermore's got this unique vibe how they make the covers a way darker serious than they are originally. In case of "Sound of silence" i thouht noone can do this song in more darker way, but Nevermore made their own music onto it and solved the porblem. Awesome! Make the coveralbun Nevermores!

I'd like to hear an all-covers CD by Nevermore too. What they have done with Love Bites and Sounds of Silence is utterly amazing! I can name a few bands/songs I'd kill to hear their take on:

Fire and Rain (this would sound so damn awesome slowed more).
The Chauffeur (Duran Duran - just made for them to cover)
Closedown (The Cure - ditto)
The End (Doors...just bends the mind)
Anything by Sisters of Mercy
Black Out (Not the Scorps; the Damned)

Just my nickel's worth...feel free to vomit and poke fun!

Chris

Originally posted by jimbobhickville
Overkill did the same thing...I didn't buy it. Nevermore might be able to pull it off 'cause they're the only band on whose CDs I don't skip the covers.

::SHUDDER::

Remember "Low-Rider" by Exodus? They're the reason I went deaf for three days in 1988.

Originally posted by PratlPoet

Fire and Rain (this would sound so damn awesome slowed more).
The Chauffeur (Duran Duran - just made for them to cover)
Closedown (The Cure - ditto)
The End (Doors...just bends the mind)
Anything by Sisters of Mercy
Black Out (Not the Scorps; the Damned)

Chris

I totally agree with PratPoet
I'd add some:

Nick Cave - Tupelo
Nick Cave - Stagger Lee
Einstürzende Neubauten - Halber Mench
Tom Waits - Earth Died Screaming
Skinny Puppy - Killing Game
Christian Death - She Never Woke Up

Btw, Who cares that other bands have realeased cover albums. Other band's covers may not be good enough , but Nevermore's are.

In case of "Halber Mench" i'd be really cool to hear them sing in german. Nevermore's vocal part is quite cold (kind of )it shoulf fit to it pefectly. Also, since i'm from Estonia there is legendary darkish hippy band here called Vennad Urbid (The Brothers Urb).
And they got this one really dark song called Kuu (Moon). To hear Nevermore in Estonian language would rock!!! If anybaody cares, heres a link, you may DL this song.
http://www.metsatoll.ee/Vennad Urbid - Kuu.mp3

Nevermores, if you read this post, DL the song and cover it!!!